CO Hbrewers: Keg Conversion ?'s

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosdave

Reaction score
Hey all,

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but here it goes.

I have a Sanke keg that I would like to convert to a mash tun w/ RIMS.

I was curious if anyone in Denver/Boulder/Ft Collins/Springs is capable of doing this? Or, if you have had it done, where did you go? What was/would be the cost of doing this?

The closer to Boulder the better!

TIA

Dave

look in the yellowpages under welding or metal working. any shop that does those will have the tools necessary, and im sure if you explain what you want done they will have no problem doing it for money.

though for the price of a 4.5" angle grinder (<$50) you can do it yourself, probably for around what they will charge you, and you will have an angle grinder of your own afterwards. when doing mine, i built a jig out of a small section of 2" PVC pipe that cut an almost perfect hole. the pipe fits around the sanke connector and supports the handle of the grinder, all you do is walk in a circle around it, and you get cuts like this....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/ghost6303/beer/090532ac.jpg

I see a guy pop up on craigslist from time to time who does conversions. I think he was in the Loveland / Ft. Collins area.

Back