CO2 fittings on fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChshreCat

Reaction score
I was thinking about the CO2 bottle inside or outside the fridge option and got to wondering. Is there a way to put some kind of quick disconnect fittings on the fridge rather than cutting a hole and feeding a hose through?

It would be nice to set the bottle down and connect it to a fitting on the side of the fridge. Would make it nice and pretty too.

Does anyone even make something like that?

I had the same arrangement, 1/4" copper pipe through the wall with a shutoff valve and disconnect. The inside line ran to the door where the secondary regulators and manifolds were mounted.

Is there any worry of hitting a coolant line in the sidewall of the fridge? I just killed a upright freezer in that manner, and now I'm nervous about drilling the side of my new(old) fridge.

That's just what I had in mind! Something where you could just disconnect and reconnect the CO2 from the outside of the fridge without having to go inside or having a hose hanging off.

Back