Burner large enough to hold keg brewing pot.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbw

Reaction score
Yesterday I was all set to do a double batch outside using my converted keg boiling pot. Brought it outside and placed it on my turnkey fryer burner. The keg's diameter is 16 inches. The burner frame is 14 inches. Given that the bottom of the keg is not flat (outside ring and then concave), it was too tippy to even think about doing this outside.

I suppose I could get a cooker (one with legs would work better anyway) or get some sort of grid (like a replacement cooking grid for a gas grill). Anyone else run into this? What did you do?

:confused:

I got lucky: my burner and keggle are virtually identical in diameter.

If I hadn't gotten so lucky, I figured an inexpensive round grill would be a good way of extending the burner surface and stabilizing the weight of the keggle.

robbw, you have the right idea. I bought a cheap circular grill grate and set it on the burner. It works great. That sucker will glow red hot under the burner though!

Yup. There is a Webber replacement that's 17" in diameter. For $10 I think I'll go with that!

:rockin:

Same exact problem here with my keggle I first used last weekend. Thanks for the tip on the grill grate!

I had a buddy weld an x shaped support made of bar stock onto the top of mine. Problem is that now it is more susceptible to blowing out in only a little bit of breeze due to the keg being about 3/4 of an inch higher up.. I think that I need to add a windscreen onto the outside.

Back