NHC tickets 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piratwolf

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone knows what time NHC tickets go on sale. I know it's Feb 5th, but are we talking 12:01am, 9am, noon, or what? And is it Eastern time, Central, etc?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

I think I saw something odd, maybe 2 pm central, but now I can't find it.

Any idea if there are service fees or any other extra costs with the tickets?

So I just tried to book a room at the NHC hotel, only to be told there are no rooms available. Supposedly conference rates opened at 9:00am EST. I hit "Find room" at 9:01am EST.

Is it possible the hotel already sold out? Or do they block out the rooms for this conference and you only get in with an AHA code? Anyone know what the code is?

Help!

So I just tried to book a room at the NHC hotel, only to be told there are no rooms available. Supposedly conference rates opened at 9:00am EST. I hit "Find room" at 9:01am EST.

Is it possible the hotel already sold out? Or do they block out the rooms for this conference and you only get in with an AHA code? Anyone know what the code is?

Help!

Call The 800 number... I waited 5 minutes and got through - their local 215 number was busy! 1-800-228-9290

No link on the AHA site, yet. Guessing they don't want to encourage reservations before tickets are sold? Dunno. Hoping I don't need to call and can reserve online.

Edit : called 877-212-5752 which is group reservation line - fast,easy.

brettwasbtd said:
Call The 800 number... I waited 5 minutes and got through - their local 215 number was busy! 1-800-228-9290

Yea - its a 3rd party system, so whether you call the hotel or central reservations you'll still need to be routed o a 3rd party.

Got our rooms :ban:

wow 2.5 hours and the rooms are blocked out...glad I got one, but scarred I will have to navigate a similar situation in a couple hours to get the ACTUAL conference tickets...which will be online. Praying the bandwidth gods are on my side

cause didn't it sell out in less than 24 hours last year?

Man, glad I managed to get my room reservation in first thing this morning! One of the guys in my club somehow found an alternate URL where we could actually reserve the rooms - no idea why AHA didn't just provide that link on the NHC site... Now if only 3 (eastern) will just roll around so I can get my actual registration taken care of, I'll be all set!

I managed to get rooms at the Marriott at 12:10 pm EST by reserving only Wed-Fri night. My first try (Wed-Sat) showed "sold out". If someone is desperate for rooms and not staying for the Award Banquet/Dinner on Sat, that may still be an option.

I managed to get rooms at the Marriott at 12:10 pm EST by reserving only Wed-Fri night. My first try (Wed-Sat) showed "sold out".

And don't try to include early days either (Sat-Tue before). They were never really available. That may have confused some people earlier. Tue is a bummer for being ready for pre-conf tours.

twiddling my thumbs. This will be my first one and I am going solo. Here goes nothin...

...or maybe I should have spent the cash on some brew stuff...

twiddling my thumbs. This will be my first one and I am going solo. Here goes nothin...

...or maybe I should have spent the cash on some brew stuff...

Was just thinking about that earlier making reservations for 4 nights and now buying two tickets....it's gonna be worth it, though!

The registration page is bogged down pretty bad already...

Anyone get through yet? I can't get registration page to reload. :(

in and setup...gonna have to change my buddy's guest ticket later though as I don't have his address. Hopefully it won't be a problem - have mine down for him now

Just got the email and even though I'm not going, or even a current AHA member, I went there just to slow it up for everyone else!! MWUAHAHAHAH!!!!

(Just kidding, but it WAS still not loading....)

just got in and grabbed my registration. Don't use the URL given in the email AHA sent you....use the one above. I got right in.

When (if) the aha site ever loads, it references the link I posted. I believe *all* registrations go through regonline, even if they're wrapped in the aha site skin. The direct link to regonline avoids the slow aha wrappings. disclaimer: I don't have the original aha site page available anymore, but that's what I recall. And I don't work for AHA (despite my location there are other jobs here :) ) so that's not official.

Anyone else not able to buy a guest ticket? Aargh!

Secondary link worked for me. FWIW it appears the same as the link through AHA. I actually stared the process once but didn't have the correct email for my buddies registration and had to start over :(... anyway - that site works without any slow-down.

My guess -they're built to handle the traffic. AHA really needs to work on this for next year.

Hotel is booked, but there's a Residence Inn and a Courtyard a couple of blocks away. I booked the Residence Inn....for free with my points.

If I had 3000 more points, I would have snagged the Ritz Carlton. I could commute into the city, but I'm guessing I won't be in shape to drive or even find the train station!

Secondary link works, guest works as well but you've got to add the info for the AHA member FIRST before you do the guest second.

After you put in your info, you can "register additional people" or something like that at the bottom of the page and then you can add your guest.

Slept on the hotel though...dang!

Guessing that the hotel has been booked for some time...people just paid the going rate instead of the cheaper conference rate. Philly has a ton of hotels in the area, within staggering distance.

Sort of a repeat of what was said above - but be SURE you register yourself first, and then add a guest. The site says "if you want to add a guest.....", but I did that first, and I screwed up. Right now, I'm a "registered guest", instead of a member, and I can't add a guest, as I'm "max'd out" on my registration.

Latest posts

Back