Leak Near Check Valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig311

Reaction score
Just set up my new system from kegconnection and have leaks coming from the same spot on both sides. I tried tightening the nut below the leak and they appeared to be tight already. Here is a picture of where the leaks are and what I tried to tighten. Any ideas?

i-mKBdwMk-L.jpg

I explained the problem and they are sending 2 new check valves. Anyone else have issues with these?

same exact issue. just received the regulator last friday and right out of the box leaked in the same place as yours. same as you i called and have two new check valves on the way.

Interesting. Please let me know how you make out with the replacements!

I will give you a word of caution since it sounds like you are just getting your kegging set up put together, just like myself. I finally got around to connecting my beer lines last night and got a beer bath from one of my Perlick faucets. After making sure everything was tight I got another beer bath. After taking the faucet apart I discovered that part #4 was missing from my tap so there wasn't a seal to the shaft.

Perlick.PNG

Thanks for the word of caution!!

As far as the check valves go... The folks at keg connection couldn't have been more helpful. It seems they got a bad batch of them and I (and, I'm assuming wbartoli as well) had the bad luck of falling in the window when they were going out unnoticed. Sounds like we both have replacements on the way.

That said... Any tricks in replacing them? As guessed, this is my first time kegging. Good news is that I was able to clean and sanitize the kegs and rack my anxiously awaiting beer into one, get it in the keezer, and hit it with enough c02 to make me feel comfortable.

Thanks for the word of caution!!

As far as the check valves go... The folks at keg connection couldn't have been more helpful. It seems they got a bad batch of them and I (and, I'm assuming wbartoli as well) had the bad luck of falling in the window when they were going out unnoticed. Sounds like we both have replacements on the way.

That said... Any tricks in replacing them? As guessed, this is my first time kegging. Good news is that I was able to clean and sanitize the kegs and rack my anxiously awaiting beer into one, get it in the keezer, and hit it with enough c02 to make me feel comfortable.

Replacing should be pretty straight forward, definitely wrap with teflon tape to reduce the risk of future leaks.

Back