first label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beltbuckle

Reaction score
Still tweaking a bit, but designing a standard label in GIMP on linux. Will probably add a bit more text with brew date, bottle date, and ABV. Anyway what you ya think? (BTW my last name is "fuhrman" hence the name...)

4307699006_f7b2a74513.jpg

I would try to tighten up the kerning between the letters and add space between the words and the dots - does that make sense? It's kinda hard to read.

I love the concept.

I would try to tighten up the kerning between the letters and add space between the words and the dots - does that make sense? It's kinda hard to read.

I love the concept.

Hah, yeah that makes sense. I kept increasing the kerning so it would span the whole 170 degrees but I will try your suggestion and see if I like it.

OK. revision 2. I (and my wife too) agree, decreasing the kerning makes it easier to read. Also cleaned up a few lines.

Slapped one of these on a brown 12oz bottle and the colors were a nice match.

4307738833_75e02123b2_b.jpg

OK. revision 2. I (and my wife too) agree, decreasing the kerning makes it easier to read. Also cleaned up a few lines.

Slapped one of these on a brown 12oz bottle and the colors were a nice match.

4307738833_75e02123b2_b.jpg

Nice.

Easier to read.

You can try kerning it out more to get that look again, but keep it tighter than the first.

I love the beer test tube.

Back