Any brew clubs or groups in Columbus, OH?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoffington

Reaction score
I'd love to meet some fellow local homebrewers. I've already started networking with a couple but it's always nice to meet more and get some healthy advice and tips, as well as to share a home brew or two.

Welcome, it looks like you are off to a great start. I am also relatively new to homebrewing myself. I am planning on joining the S.O.D.S later this summer so I can hone my craft with some experts. They don't meet during the summer so I'm holding off for now.

There is also the Ohio Homebrew Week currently in progress in Athens and the State Fair Homebrew Competition. I would think that these events would all be a good place to network.

Mick

:mug:

Club Information-SODZ

Ohio Brew Week

07/18/2009
Ohio State Fair Homebrew Competition
Columbus, OH, US
Phone: (614) 644-4126
Email: [email protected]
Web: The Ohio Expo Center & State Fair

A Columbus newbie here. I'm still collecting equipment and researching like crazy but I'm just about all set. I hope to meet up with other locals and share info and pints as my knowledge and skill grows.
Off to the Winemaker's shop at lunch today for some odds and ends.

Bumping this thread from the dead.

welcome, i have been brewing for about 10 months now, live in the new albany/westerville area. I have not met up with any other homebrewers on here yet, but have a couple friends that brew and we get together occasionally.

Excellent. I'm in Westerville too. Turns out a guy in my local salt water aquarium club brews too. Hope we can all meet up sometime. Your keezer came out awesome. Do to the aquarium hobby, I think I have enough spare parts to make a good swamp cooler (Aqua Logic temp controller, submersible heater, 1/3hp Aqua Logic titanium drop in chiller, PVC bulkheads, valves and fittings galore) so that's probably going to be my next DIY until the rest of my equipment comes in.

I now have 10 gal of holiday ale in the primaries. A buddy and I brewed it this Saturday. I got the swamp cooler set up but I'm still tweaking the heat stage. I need a bigger heater for where I want to keep it now that the temperature has been dropping. The guy from my salt water club gave me some samples of 2 types of his beers and I was really impressed. We're all looking to get propane burners so hopefully a bunch of us can do a big brew day on my patio in the spring.

Nice. If we have enough burners we may be able to brew outside this winter without getting cold! ;) Hoping Santa brings me a Blichmann burner with leg extensions this year.

Those are sweet but my bayou sq14s work just fine. I just got this setup up and running. Did my first 10gal batch with it on saturday.

Back