Does anyone make custom control panels?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staab016

Reaction score
I've been searching this forum and many other corners of the web to figure out the cost of making the control panel I want for my future electric brewery. My electrical skills are crap, but I'm sure I could put a control panel together with the help of an electrical engineer friend...

My question is, is there anyone willing to make custom electric control panels? I've seen the brewmation ones, and they're lacking some features I want, and aren't terribly nice to look at. I've also been in contact with Marcus from Brewers Equipment, and it seems like an option, but I wanted to see what else was out there. I'm obviously expecting to pay for these services in addition to the cost of goods...

So... any takers?

... I think (hope) you meant features?? :)

I'm looking for two PID's, element on lights, element switch between HLT and BK, 2 pump switches, panel on/off. If you're willing to make the elements and probes as well, that's definitely something I'd consider...

My friend, lschiavo here on the forum, is an electric engineer who owns a electrical contracting business. He built my CP, and I bet he'd be happy to build others. There pictures of mine in my gallery:

DSCF5836.JPG

You could send him a PM if you want: http://iam.homebrewtalk.com/lschiavo

Thanks for all the input! I checked out Kal's site extensively, and I'm using his design as my "inspiration", but it's definitely more than I need. I'm basically looking for a "Kal Lite" panel with similar aesthetic appeal...

For reference, I built a modified Kal clone that for the time being is controlled by one pid. I did include the amp/volt meters as well as the pump switches, etc. However, I wired the inside similarly to Kal's with 3 contactors and the like, but I will be the first to say that if you follow his diagrams the wiring is very easy.

Back