electric heater???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raffie

Reaction score
Someone told me they got a electric heater for brewing that replaces porpane...

is that true?

got a link??

Yeah, some people use water heater elements... I suppose it would work great, just be careful with the whole water and electricity thing.

Pol

I just found out that my electric HLT will keep 15 gallons of water boiling on just one of the elements (it has two 1500 watt), that makes me happy cause those things suck some juice. I have to plug them into seperate circuits on the house in order to not pop a breaker. Checkout my gallery if you want to see pictures of it.

my electric HLT will take 12 gal of 70 degree H2O to 174 in 12 min but its a 5500 watt elementand a 1500 watt 240 VAC 30 amps. Im not sure if I would want to add sugars to those elements. you should see my meter spin when I plug that succer in I can just feel the $$ coming out of my account
Cheers
JJ

jaybird said:
my electric HLT will take 12 gal of 70 degree H2O to 174 in 12 min but its a 5500 watt elementand a 1500 watt 240 VAC 30 amps. Im not sure if I would want to add sugars to those elements. you should see my meter spin when I plug that succer in I can just feel the $$ coming out of my account
Cheers
JJ

Yeah, but it is still cheaper then propane and much more efficient.

I have a 4500w 240v element in my MT and one in my HLT. It takes about 45 minutes to heat 30 gallons of water.

What is porpane? Does that have the same btu/lb that propane has?

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :D

Back