Clubs in Northern IE?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Gents, unfortunately I will not be in attendance the 28th I'll be out of town (my niece 5yrs old will be in a production of Mary Poppins) I will keep an eye on this thread for any new developments. Cheers

Hi guys, looks like a friend and I are taking over vanguard home brew! We have purchased all his inventory and already leased the same unit. Our move in date at this point is April 1st. For the next meeting we can possibly do it at the shop... I will most likely take my BCS e-herms up there so we can brew on!

Wow, really cool! Sounds like weve got a place to have meetings, brew, buy, and trade bottles, Cheers!

Hi guys, looks like a friend and I are taking over vanguard home brew! We have purchased all his inventory and already leased the same unit. Our move in date at this point is April 1st. For the next meeting we can possibly do it at the shop... I will most likely take my BCS e-herms up there so we can brew on!

Very cool!!!! are we going to change meeting date?? I'm out of town 28th of this month(see above post) I'm really glad you guys are taking over... your place is only 10 min away, tired of road trips.

Well our plan A was at claremont craft ales on the 28th. It sounds like we should stick to that until kosmo can get set up and moved, unless someone has another idea?
P.S. Kosmo, any ideas on a name change? Or are you thinking of keeping vanguard?

We are opening under socal homebrew so that it matches the website. when he closed up h didnt tell anyone and some people have been leaving negative comments about him and the shop but hopefully we can fix that. we will definitely need everyones support once we get in there

Im in for claremont craft.

We are opening under socal homebrew so that it matches the website. when he closed up h didnt tell anyone and some people have been leaving negative comments about him and the shop

I think thats a wise move. Ok then, we can just keep claremont craft next week. We can discuss meetings there. What time? Does 6pm sound ok?

6 is good 4 me. Hopefully they still have their Double Oatmeal Stout aged in Buffalo Trace Bourbon barrels. It's top notch

I just planted 4 hop rhizomes, Golding, Williamette, Chinook, and Cascade. I should have plenty come fall, will trade 1oz for a bottle of brew.

When is SoCal Homebrew going to be up and running?

ForumRunner_20130406_201930.jpg

Hopefully no more than two weeks! The previous owner left the building in shambles so we are in the shop dry walling, cleaning, painting, and inventorying the stock. Should be placing orders by midweek and hopefully opening on the 19th.

new brewery opening up in la verne

http://www.lavernebrewingco.com/

YES!!!! They stopped in to talk to us at the shop the other day. Unfortunately I wasnt there to meet them but my partner was. Please support them and we are literally a two minute WALK away, have a pint and get you r supplies. Im sure some sort of collaboration will be in the works

Sweet, cant wait to check them out.

Its the homebrew shop still set to open the 19th?

Are you gonna host a brew club at the place?

Just brewed this weeken batch#2 of my Agave Pale Ale.

10lbs 2-row
8oz carapils
4oz roasted barley
4oz caramel 60

Mash in 3.5gallon at 155 for an hour
Sparge to 6 gallons

1oz Appollo 60 min
1oz citra 30 min
1oz citra 5 min
1oz Centennial dry hop

1lb Agave extract boiled in for 20 min

1tsp irish moss last 10min

California Ale Yeast

OG hit 1.070
Anticipated IBU: approx 101

A real hop bomb, it will be ready for Memorial day.

Sweet, cant wait to check them out.

Its the homebrew shop still set to open the 19th?

Are you gonna host a brew club at the place?

doesnt look like well get our orders on time, so prolly gonna have to wait till next weekend, If i can get a 220 outlet installed by sat I may take my rig up to brew but not sure how thats looking either. The shop is just about ready though:ban:

Keep us updated kosmo!

If you can compete with the prices at B3, you'll get all my business. I don't buy a lot, but you'll get all of it.

I try to brew once a month so long as the prices are below goods plus shipping from midwest or northerner brewer, you will have all my business as well.

Thank guys!!! I appreciate it. we will do everything in our power to get you guys fair prices for good fresh items, Im trying to carry a bit of everything at first to see what moves best and we will adjust accordingly, we are even bringing in some beginner cheese and wine kits!

Unfortunately between work, school, the shop, and the family ill be lucky to brew once a month but im leaving my e-herms at the shop so when i can squeeze in a couple hours ill brew and serve...

If there are any items you want to see us carry in particular please let me know and ill get them ordered.

Anyone interested in some Belgian bottles 750ml have about 40 or so was going use them on a dubbel and ended up having more than enough swing tops. I really don't plan on corking anything in the near future.

Claremont Craft Ales is Having a home brew contest

We love homebrewers! Homebrewing is what allowed us to jump
into this amazing industry. Let us give something back by recognizing
your brewing acumen and creativity. Enter your best beers into our
very first homebrew contest, and you could have your beer brewed
at Claremont Craft Ales, sold in our Tasting Room, and entered into
the Pro-Am competition at the Great American Beer Festival!

http://www.claremontcraftales.com/2013 CCA Homebrew Contest.pdf

Stubblejumper said:
Stvo I have a barley wine that I want to put into corked bottles, i'll take them off your hands.

Ok cool didn't want to recycle them...maybe we can meet up at SoCal shop when it opens??

Back