Pro brewers in NJ!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keyes88

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Any pro-brewers around here that have some time to show me around a full brew house? I'm curious to learn the basics of a professional system in person beyond the books and video but before investing in a serious course.

Please PM me if you'd be willing to spend some time with me!

Thanks!

I've heard that JJ Bitting, the brewpub in Woodbridge has a "brewer for a day" thing. I've never done it, but it sounds like fun. Here's a link to their website:

http://njbrewpubs.com/

I've heard that JJ Bitting, the brewpub in Woodbridge has a "brewer for a day" thing. I've never done it, but it sounds like fun. Here's a link to their website:

http://njbrewpubs.com/

Yes, they do have such a program. I think it's a couple hundred bucks for the day but I could be wrong about that.

If you're stopping by JJ Bittings you could always come this Tuesday night and stop into the WHALES Homebrew Club meeting while you're there. We've brewed on JJ's system a couple of times to make beers that end up being served at the brewpub.

Don't be shy, go to a local brewpub and offer your services as a volunteer for a day. I helped Mike Sella @ pizzaria uno for a Saturday brewing their Porter of 300 gallons (~10bbls). In return i got free lunch & a growler as well as the experience of a large brew system. It was fun & i'm sure you'd have no problem getting in the door. Dave Hoffman (Climax) will probably take you on full time if you're willing to volunteer!

I talked to dave at artisan's brewpub once. He told me that he takes on volunteers all the time. Send him an email and see if he has any openings. You work for 6 months I think. Shows you everything. He told me to bring a homebrew and if he likes it and you have a college degree then you're in.

Back