Any of you use a beergun for bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calman

Reaction score
I want to use one, but wonder if it's worth the $$. My biggest concern is how long the beer in those bottle last? I meant would it last as long as normal priming bottle?
Thanks.

calman said:
I want to use one, but wonder if it's worth the $$. My biggest concern is how long the beer in those bottle last? I meant would it last as long as normal priming bottle?
Thanks.
Why wouldn't it last just as long? CO2 is CO2. The solution in the bottle doesn't care if it came from natural priming or force carbonation.

bikebryan said:
Why wouldn't it last just as long? CO2 is CO2. The solution in the bottle doesn't care if it came from natural priming or force carbonation.

That's right, but somehow I think with beergun, some air got inside plus less CO2 in the bottle. Dont you think?

The trigger on the beergun is connected to CO2. You purge the air out of the bottle with the CO2 before you fill the bottle. It ends up being just like normal beer in a bottle. No contamination. I use mine quit a bit and no problems. Its just a lot faster i think.

Beermaker said:
The trigger on the beergun is connected to CO2. You purge the air out of the bottle with the CO2 before you fill the bottle. It ends up being just like normal beer in a bottle. No contamination. I use mine quit a bit and no problems. Its just a lot faster i think.

Well said!

I love mine and it works great!

Thanks all for your responses. One more tool to buy.
Darn, where is my LHB store owner, just last month he insisted all I need is a bucket and a carboy!!! :)

Back