So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing an American Wheat IPA tomorrow using 1056 while the baby backs simmer over the charcoal.
THANKS to all those who gave their lives so that I can!!!!

Yeah,pop died of cancer after all the hell he went through as a seabee on Guadelcanal. They were overrun by 5-6 to one,"I duuno...I lost count" he sais with the terror still in his eyes,poor fellow. He was bayonetted in his fox hole. but by God,he & his buddy still climbed up on those cave/teakwood pillboxes & tossed "Pinapples " in the air holes. He was hard workin,honest,fight for his country in a New York second kinda guy. I salute all those old timers who gave their all for truth,justice,& the American way back when it still meant something!:mug:

Starters for California Common and Sparkling Peach White Wine are coming on line! Will be starting the wine by mid-week and the California Common next week-end/early next week (had old yeast, so am stepping up for the CA common).

Got water heating and grain measured, poured a beer,and saluted the flag said a prayer for our Veterans. Going to hit the 1/2 way point today 100 gallons so far this year right on track for 14 straight 200gallon years.:D

So on June 8th, I'm having six friends come over. They've never brewed, but they're all really interested. We're going to have a QUAD brewday. WHAT?! We're gonna brew four batches. A No Nonsense Gluten Free Stout, an Amber, a Raspberry Pale, and a Habanero IPA. Needless to say it's gonna be great. Can't wait!!!

Brewed a slightly modified version of Edworts pale ale on Saturday. Brew day went great. Took Sunday off. Then kegged my citra IPA today as well as my Amber Ale.

My red rye, starting to boil.

image-1704590793.jpg

Looks like I'll be brewing up a blueberry cream ale on Sunday. Saturday I'll be too dead from tough mudder.

I brewed 11 gallons of American Wheat this past weekend. Splitting the batch between two different yeasts. One is 1056 and the other is Conan yeast I harvested from a can of Heady Topper. The Conan was chugging along after 12 hours. The 1056 is a slow starter.

This coming weekend will be my first time making Centennial Blond Ale.

I'll also be clearing out space in my basement so I can put in a work bench (so I can then put a fermentation chamber under it, I'm tired of this swamp cooler).

I'm gonna go home for the first time in three weeks. Rack my rebel rye porter from nb, try my honey-basil double pale I bottled last time I was home, and brew this years rendition of my annual Riley Mae Super Pale! Oh and go hear my baby's heartbeat!!

It's gonna be a good weekend

I usually dont like these threads as they are sort of like a self licking ice cream cone, but i thought it important the world know that it is Octoberfest time!!!!!!!!!

This weekend will be Centennial Blonde, a Sweet Cider with a little C20 and DME (1 gallon, 15 minute boil, added to apple juice), and picking berries/Strawberry wine. Thankfully I have off Monday, too, so I can squeeze this in with bottling Apfelwein, Wortzel's Orange Wine, and Blueberry wine.

Trying to finish my fermentation chamber up today and tomorrow. If so then I will be doing a double brew day on Saturday.

Have a Honey Brown Ale and a Honey Porter that I would like to get brewed soon. Also have a couple of other kits waiting for me to get off my keester.

bottling the rasberry wheat, starting another batch of Saison du Mont and a (first time), Surly Furious IPA (Northern). my first face pucker pale ale....be interesting to see if I can drink it.

Going to do some sort of wheat. I have all kinds of stuff to use up. Pilsner, white wheat, honey malt, perle hops, tettnang hops, coriander, WLP400

Just finished cleaning up after brewing a 10gal batch of my Colorado Cream Ale. Poured a Funkwerks Saison and watching the Pacers give the Heat fits! C'mon Pacers!

Going to attempt my first AG brew on Sunday, Edwort's Stone IPA clone. I'm very anxious, I hope it turns out ok. Anyone have any suggestions on my mash thickness? I was going to go off if 1.25...

Going to attempt my first AG brew on Sunday, Edwort's Stone IPA clone. I'm very anxious, I hope it turns out ok. Anyone have any suggestions on my mash thickness? I was going to go off if 1.25...

No need to be anxious, RDWHAHB and all that. At the end of the day you will have made beer. I usually mash at a thickness of 1.3, sometimes 1.5. You will be fine at 1.25.

Brewing 10 gallons of my own 2 Bad Dogs IPA tomorrow. Supposed to be dry for the first full day in a while.

Brewing my first partigyle double batch on Saturday, 5.5gal of IIPA with over 12oz of hops(Columbus, Amarillo, Simcoe, and Citra) and 5.5gal of a session APA.

60%+/- change of thunderstorms all weekend. Was really hoping to get my hibiscus Saison brewed (all grain) but alas, no covered area to brew in.

Good thing I have this kit extract Red sitting here :p

Time to get some bottles ready for bottling the Flanders. This red is going in on the same sour cake :D

Tranfer a dark Ipa to dry hop then two 10 gal batches planned for Sunday/Monday to be ready for the 4th. Stewarding a contest Saturday so an all beer weekend with hockey conference finals. Ahh what a life !

Wanna try & brew that 2nd PM Berlin Wheat Sunday with 2 changes. Move the 30 minute haulertauer addition to 20 minutes & add Trulemon to the priming solution.

Latest posts

Back