how long before refrigerating bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When they're carbed. Carbonation usually takes a minimum 3 weeks when the beer is at 70 degree for normally gravity beers (some take longer, some may take less time). After 3 weeks, take two bottles, one from each case, chill them for a minimum 48 hours, and try them, if they are carbed and conditioned (tasting how they should) then you can't start chilling and enjoying....If not, try again in a week or two....

It's not a precise process, each beer is different.

When you bottle, use a plastic water bottle for one of the bottles. It will be soft and flexible when you put the beer in it but will get hard when the beer has started carbonating. I've had them become hard as a rock in 24 hours but that doesn't mean that the beer will be good to drink yet. I usually wait a week before I sample.

My pales & IPA's are usually best at 4 weeks. With at least 1 week fridge time for good head & decent carbonation. 2 weeks fridge time is def better.

Latest posts

Back