Gravity reading of 1.020, good to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheblom

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering if you guys could give me some info. I am on my second batch of brew, which is a pilsner from mangrove jack. I used the premium extract and beer enhancer. I started fermentation about 2 weeks ago, and the starting gravity reading was 1.060.
I have been checking my gravity reading over the last few nights and it has been stuck at 1.020. I have put the finnings in and about to bottle for secondary fermentation in the bottle.

What I am worried about is that the gravity reading is still a bit high? Should I give it another week? I don't want any bottle bombs going off if I can help it!

Any info advice would be much appreciated!

Churns

If it has been at 1.020 for a couple of days, then you should be good. It maybe high because the extract you used was not very fermentable.

Cheers man, much appreciated! I have this app on my phone that says I should get an school of 6.5%, is this true or will it be a bit lower?

Also in the future is there any way I can improve the fermentation of the kits? How can I improve the brew?

Cheers man, much appreciated! I have this app on my phone that says I should get an school of 6.5%, is this true or will it be a bit lower?

Also in the future is there any way I can improve the fermentation of the kits? How can I improve the brew?

You're ABV is actually only 5.25%..

Out of curiosity, what yeast did you use?

Latest posts

Back