Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
two more... breakneck ridge is right near us on the river, and sleepy hollow is right down the road (Washington Irving story featuring pumpkin-headed headless horseman:)

breakneck.jpg

horseman.jpg

Nice, I love the old artwork as a label. Something I'm playing around with myself, I think it works well.

Cool to see there are homebrewers in Beacon too. My girlfriend lives nearby, so I'm there all the time. Actually thinking of moving there next year. Just a shame there aren't more bars with decent beer.

311963_290858644278116_100000619483680_907149_1574400902_n.jpg

Figured I would make a second brewery name since I am moving back to the motherland here in the next year.

Made my label already, now i need to brew it before January.
And yes I know this is the Foreign Export style label I used, but it's just so much cooler looking.

Guinnesque%2BLabel.png

Here's my latest (using BeerLabelizer of course)
Hoping to bottle it this weekend...
:D

BeerLabel winter warmer wheat #2 Nov11 label.jpg

I have almost as much fun making labels for my beers as I do brewing and drinking the beers themselves!

Here is my latest offering. I brewed up a porter last night, and added some cold steeped coffee with a touch of cocoa and vanilla into the primary today.

Here's to hoping it tastes half decent.

porter.jpg

James, I agree! Nice job by the way. Here are the latest two for me. I wrote to both artists asking permission to use them, only one has responded.

OrangeIPA.jpg

HoneyNut.jpg

Here are a few of mine so far. The general theme is the same and the contents of the flask change depending on the beer. Some of them get hard to read on here at 72dpi. They tend to look better in person when printed at closer to 2400dpi. I'm also looking for other styles of paper to use...something similar to that used by Odell.

image-3534790377.jpg

image-30207435.jpg

image-2075592648.jpg

image-2018778510.jpg

image-1218722810.jpg

image-4260620714.jpg

Here are a few of mine so far. The general theme is the same and the contents of the flask change depending on the beer. Some of them get hard to read on here at 72dpi. They tend to look better in person when printed at closer to 2400dpi. I'm also looking for other styles of paper to use...something similar to that used by Odell.

Very well done. Looks clean and professional.

I like these a lot

Thanks all, much appreciated. Glad my graphic design minor in college has finally been put to good use!

My first time playing around with Gimp. Looking for some input on the concept more then the execution sine it was my first time. I will look for a better font that is more vintage WWII poster font to use. But what do yall think of the military them and the basic idea of the labels. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Resistance Brewing Pacific Fleet IPA Small.jpg

Resistance Brewing Sherman Robust Porter Small.jpg

My first time playing around with Gimp. Looking for some input on the concept more then the execution sine it was my first time. I will look for a better font that is more vintage WWII poster font to use. But what do yall think of the military them and the basic idea of the labels. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Make the font stand out more use a solid white or something that doesnt blend quite so much.

Also use a stylized font for your brewery name.
Www.dafonts.comm

Military theme is awesome by the way.

MisterPhoton said:
Harkening back to the glory days of PC roleplaying games, here's a work-in-progress for an upcoming super-pale ale:

Love the Gold Box series...

The resistance theme really does not work well with heavy military equipment. In most cases the resistance movement did not have access to that stuff.

Good work though, just IMHO need to become more realistic.

Here's my logo I'm Still working with Josh at brew brand creative for some labels.
Working on going pro right now so I paid more to own the rights to the logo, even then the price was unbeatable. He definitely comes highly recommended.
Logo+V3.1+%2528Final%2529.jpg

My first ever try at a label. I always remove the commercial stuff, but for this year's Christmas gifts I wanted to make 'em mine. My family's last name is "Rick."

Screenshot2011-11-29at110757AM.png

Here's my logo I'm Still working with Josh at brew brand creative for some labels.
Working on going pro right now so I paid more to own the rights to the logo, even then the price was unbeatable. He definitely comes highly recommended.

Excellent.

I agree with TwoRiders font change suggestion. Also, there's kind of a lot going on in the images that you're using... They're great images (especially the tank one) but the text gets lost and the design starts to seem cluttered. Could you maybe fade some of the background parts to black to allocate more space for the text. Alternatively, maybe you could try playing around with the hue/saturation settings (don't go overboard) a little to give a more stylized look to the images that you are using.

These things look absolutely incredible!

tshore said:
Great label BlackJaw

heres a couple i was messing with

I assume Steiner is the dog? If so, I like the one on the right the most. It'd look more cohesive if the pic of the dog was Illustrated and not an actual pic

I assume Steiner is the dog? If so, I like the one on the right the most. It'd look more cohesive if the pic of the dog was Illustrated and not an actual pic

yes, steiners my dog, pictured on the right. i had never tried labels so was just playing around using a pic of my '49, vegas skyline and my dog. will try an illustrated pic. thanks for the reply!

Okay I'm new here, yes. But isn't it in bad form to use someone else's work and pass it off as your own? I always thought it doesn't count if you don't actually make the labels yourself!

paulster2626 said:
Okay I'm new here, yes. But isn't it in bad form to use someone else's work and pass it off as your own? I always thought it doesn't count if you don't actually make the labels yourself!

Are you referring to people using images off the Internet, etc rather than actually owning rights to the image or creating an illustration themselves?

While it would certainly be frowned upon for a professional brewery, I think most would let it slide for the homebrewer. Most folks on here lack the skills and software needed to make their vision a reality. Since there's no profit to be made in homebrewing I don't really see the issue.

Back