need help designing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattybrews

Reaction score
So I'm trying to get my act together and build a more serious rig. Right now I'm AG with just one brewpot (w. false bottom) for 6gal brews. I want to bump up to the largest amount of volume I can with 15.5g converted kegs.

the pieces so far:

-7 gal stainless steel BP w. false bottom, ball valve, thermometer
-bayou classic sq 14 outdoor burner
-10 gall rubbermaid cooler
-1 keg just waiting to be converted
-non-self priming pump

any ideas? what jumps out at you?

thanks in advance

So I'm trying to get my act together and build a more serious rig. Right now I'm AG with just one brewpot (w. false bottom) for 6gal brews. I want to bump up to the largest amount of volume I can with 15.5g converted kegs.

the pieces so far:

-7 gal stainless steel BP w. false bottom, ball valve, thermometer
-bayou classic sq 14 outdoor burner
-10 gall rubbermaid cooler
-1 keg just waiting to be converted
-non-self priming pump

any ideas? what jumps out at you?

thanks in advance
Convert your keg to a BK and you are ready to go, you can use the 7 gallon pot to heat strike and sparge water, although another converted keg for the strike and sparge water will save you a few minutes,( you can heat the entire sparge volume at once), I can get a 12 gallon batch with my system, you might want to see if your converted keg will fit on the sq-14 burner stand, looks like you are heading in the right direction, good luck on your new system.:mug:

You really need to decide what you mean by a more serious rig. If you indeed intend to build a permanent fixture like many shown on HBT, then a lot of planning is in order. I am building toward my dream rig and collecting pieces. I have planned out all the details of my rig so I know what I need and don't waste any of my already small budget on unused items. I have a link to my build thread in my signature. I have all my spreadsheets saved. If you want a copy, PM me and I will email it to you.

If you just mean upgrading to larger batch sizes, that is a much easier thing with less planning. Just getting a bigger tun, and a bigger kettle.

Back