Some good HOP News

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They fail to mention, though, that it'll be a couple years before that newly conditioned land is producing marketable crops. Hopsdirect.com has a couple PDF's on their website from the IHB conference that are good reads.

Great news! Of course we won't get to see the benefits for a couple years. Lousy slow maturing hop plants... :mad:

They fail to mention, though, that it'll be a couple years before that newly conditioned land is producing marketable crops. Hopsdirect.com has a couple PDF's on their website from the IHB conference that are good reads.

I'm TRYING to spread a little sun shine here, why you wizzing all over my thread. LOL

I'm TRYING to spread a little sun shine here, why you wizzing all over my thread. LOL

nah, just trying to keep people realistic...it'd suck if someone read that and said "hey, cool, hop prices'll go down next year, so I can go ahead and brew that double imperial hopariffic IPA that I've been wanting to brew", and then come to find out that it'll be 2010 before the prices drop.

Cheers to that! I'm gonna have to put brewing on the far back burner until the prices start to go down....

No need, just change up the brews you make. Ive been doing more English style beers since they seem to be scared of hops anyways ;)

This is great news, but Evan is correct. It will be a couple of years before they begin to get any significant yield from the new crops. The good news is that with the additional acerage here in the states, we will be less impacted by poor harvests in Europe.

Incidentally, the wife has given me permission to increase our hop acreage next year! I'm thinking along the side of the house... :D

Lock me into #20. Send me what you got in storage right now and you can owe me the rest after your harvest. :p

SUV owner is to high gas prices as me is to hop shortage...screw it! I use a lot of 'em anyway! :rockin:

Seriously though, it's good that prices will go down eventually.

Back