Where to go in Portland, OR for beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uuurang

Reaction score
I put together a list of big breweries to visit, full sail, rogue, bridgeport, lucky lab,widmer, golden valley, etc.

Did I miss anything? Any other gotta visit beer places to visit?

Cheers!

I'd hit up a McMenamins. They're like Starbucks out here with one on almost every corner.
There's also a Rogue in the Pearl District not too far from Bridgeport.
Hop Works Urban Brewery is rumored to be finally opening it's brew pub on the 18th I believe.
Laurelwood has a few pubs around town.
Not a brewery, but a great beer bar is the Horse Brass Pub (warning..it's a smoking establishment if that bothers you).
Belmont Station is a great bottle shop....

Dude, this is Beervana and the list just goes on and on...

Deschutes is opening their Portland location this spring. It's in the Pearl district, walking distance from Rogue. IMHO, Deschutes is the best beer in the state.

Hopworks is FINALLY opening?? It's about time! If you're far out in Gresham there's Main Street Ale House that has really good beer.

Sweet! Thanks for the help. A lot of the places I found through http://www.pubquest.com/default.asp. Neat site regardless of where you are in the country and need to find a pub.

My bro' in Portland doesn't get out much, (except to climb the mountains or camp on the coast) so this helps to get some ideas.

A few of my favorite Portland haunts.

Hair of the Dog Brewing Co.
Roots Brewing Co.
Amnesia Brewing Co,
Alameda Brewhouse
Laurelwood Brewing
Lucky Labrador Brewing
Concordia Alehouse
The Green Dragon
The Belgian Embassy
Bailey's Taproom
The Pilsner Room
Rogue Brewing
Bridgeport Brewing
The New Old Lompoc
The 5th Quadrant
The Horsebrass Pub
The Hedge House
Belmont Station
McMenamin's Edgefield
BJ's Jantzen Beach

As Kilted Brewer mentioned, this only scratches the surface. I could go on forever.

Great beer town. Hit 12- 15 brewpubs. The New old lompoc had a wonderful Helles. Oh man, that beer still haunts me a week later.

Bridgeport does a kick arse stout on nitro. I really wish I would have tried one of there samplers of all the beers. The interior has changed a lot from when I was there 10 years ago.

uuurang said:
.... The interior has changed a lot from when I was there 10 years ago.

Yeah, they went through a huge renovation about 6 years ago maybe. Were shut down (the pub, not the brewing) for a while due to that. It's a nice change in my opinion. Opened it up a lot!

Are you still in town, or back home?

Back