I may have found my brew stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limulus

Reaction score
I've been going round and round with myself trying to come up with a design for a new brewstand. I'm working on a new single vessel Franken-Braumeister type of system. My back can't tolerate the long brew days and the multi-vessel cleaning. So, that lead me to the single-vessel idea using a winch to lift the mash tun which would sit inside the kettle. Here, I have a new 10gal vessel inside a new 15gal vessel. I can still use one of my 10gal upright beverage coolers for an HLT unless I go sparge-free.

I wanted a unique stand and have talked to a welder about building me one. But last night, I was in the basement disassembling an old table that our daughters used in their old playroom. When I removed the top for it's trip to the curb, this shiny chrome base was just staring at me. With some minor mods, I can use this with an LP burner or go electric.

I'm just kicking it around. I still may go with a more traditional stand. But it would be nice to actually recycle something.

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

Nah, I decided to just stick with my propane. I believe that got thrown out. It coulda been a cool electric stand though.

Back