Whens the last time you funneled a beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whens the last time you funneled a beer?

• Never

• Not since highschool

• not since college

• within the past couple years

• recently

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hah I never did one until this year as a matter of fact. Tailgating at a Pirates game. The college kids next to us lent us their bong and we did my home brews yes sir!

College. I'm really happy we weren't in our place when my roommate decided he was going to beer bong 2 40's of Old E back to back.

When I was in college, we mostly had Wapituli parties, so very little beer and definitely never funneled.

When I lived in Germany, I never even heard of such a thing. :drunk:

Never really had the oppertunity or really the desire to do it. Not saying that if I was at a party or something that I wouldn't but I just never have.

We used to have chugging contests at the bar, but I
never bonged beer

I had a beer bong in college that we used/borrowed out a lot. we made it with a black automotive funnel and about 4 feet of 1" tubing. I put a pirate sticker on it and it was affectionately known as the Jolly Roger. It'd hold about 5 beers and one time I did it full. Not the best idea because i stood there for ten minutes trying not to puke, but after that cleared the rest of the night was good. It's surprisingly easy to bong a beer.

I've got a picture of my wife from college, at the end of a 2 story funnel, which makes me love her that much more. She said she trumpeted out a Jimmy Buffet song after downing a funnel full of Blatz. Nice.

Every time I go to my wife's family lake house at Lake of the Ozarks, her two brothers who are both college age always shotgun a beer as soon as they get their. Funny tradition. This year they had me participate in the ritual. Shotgunning is not bad, bonging a beer is out of my zone. So yes I'll be shotgunning a beer 24 hours from now to kick off the Shootout on the lake.

In college I may or may not have put away a 12 pack of Miller Lite in under an hour using the aforementioned apparatus. I may or may not have lasted until halftime.....

franthetank2.jpg

images

I held the record at my fraternity for a while: two 40sof Mickeys and a can of Natty something. Not proud, but it is what it is. That was at least 10 years ago. :drunk:

I recently bought a funnel for transferring wort to the primary and me and some friends were drinking and thought lets funnel some beers, so we did. Mostly its used for tequila :drunk:

Oh geez, the memories. We had a 10-footer funnel at the frat house that had to be filled/held from the second story. That height made for some serious pressure.

I think someone put 5 beers in there one time (or "tried" I guess; it went everywhere), but most of us only filled it with 2 or maybe 3. Lots of foam.

I saw a guy funnel a 375 of Jack Daniels at UF. THAT was impressive.

So was him barfing all over the balcony of whoever's apartment we were at. lol

I used to be able to funnel 2 beers at once in about 3 seconds. Haven't done it in years.

Not since college, but I did do a bottle of cheap white wine through one. At my Alma mater Texas A&M when you get your Aggie ring you drop it in a pitcher of beer and chug it down and the ring slides into your mouth. I beat out my 6 best friends with a rather impressive 17 second chug. Anything under 30 seconds is considered quite manly.

Never funneled but still working on the world record for the pint chug of Guinness... real 20oz pint... ive got my 16oz down to 3 seconds... 2.2 is the record...

The last time I did I was stationed in Alaska at a going away party. My daughter had just turned 1, and was in one of those kid backpacks, it was pouring down rain and I was holding an umbrella. Yes, I had the fastest time by far.

deremer said:
The last time I did I was stationed in Alaska at a going away party. My daughter had just turned 1, and was in one of those kid backpacks, it was pouring down rain and I was holding an umbrella. Yes, I had the fastest time by far.

I was also stationed in Alaska when where u there?

It's been years now. I was never a very good funneler but we used to shotgun a bunch in college right before we'd go to the hockey games. I used to have one of these, it was great. It lets you shotgun a bottle basically. Much safer than messing with knives and sharp aluminum :p

http://www.thehappydrunk.com/products/Head-Rush-Bottle-Beer-Bong.html

who needs a knife?
all you need is a car key.

or at least, that's what i'm told...

been a while since i hit a beer bong, but i have shotgunned a beer within the last 3 or 4 months.

Back