What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks wes!
ForumRunner_20130524_212705.png

allenH said:
Hopzilla is awesome! I happen to have some Wake-N-Bake that I set aside for next winter (wink, wink).

Sorry for the crappy lighting, that's my Florida basement (closet).

I'm sure we could work something out :D

I think I need to start paying atterntion to the Heady cloning thread again.

Definitely. Also check out the one on beerforum.com. I'm given to understand they're pretty damn close to nailing it.

View attachment 124175

CCB Jai-Alai. 21 more days until I do the brewery tour. June 15th, be prepared to be inundated with Cigar City posts.

I'll be going while I am there in July for my mom's b-day. Very excited to get the stuff that's only available in Tampa.

nukebrewer said:
Got this in a trade from Archer (aka xMalachi) today and liking it. I won't lie, it's not blowing me away, but it's good, solid IPA. Of course, I am having it immediately following two Headys, so......

Yeah, that's no fair for the Shlafly lol.. Though TBH I love it when people give honest feedback on beers, whether HB'd or commercial.

Just finished a sample of my pineapple hefe. It's almost carbed and it's almost identical to the commercial beer I tried (successfully) cloning with the exception of mine having more pineapple flavor which is what I was going for. A buddy did a side by side and said mine is pretty much identical.

nukebrewer said:
Definitely. Also check out the one on beerforum.com. I'm given to understand they're pretty damn close to nailing it.

I'll be going while I am there in July for my mom's b-day. Very excited to get the stuff that's only available in Tampa.

I am (ashamedly) excited to do the tour (it's less than 2 hours away from me). CCB makes some really amazing beers, their stouts/porters are world class. They have a 3bbl pilot brewery that they only serve in the tasting room, I am really looking forward to that. Hit me up when you are down here, maybe we can meet up for some beers.

I am (ashamedly) excited to do the tour (it's less than 2 hours away from me). CCB makes some really amazing beers, their stouts/porters are world class. They have a 3bbl pilot brewery that they only serve in the tasting room, I am really looking forward to that. Hit me up when you are down here, maybe we can meet up for some beers.

That's nothing to be ashamed about. I'm super excited as well. Most breweries that are near me, the tour is looking around while you're tasting what they have on tap. So for me the tour is more about trying what they only serve at the brewery rather than seeing the brewery itself. For the most part if you've seen one brewery you've seen them all.

As far as meeting up, I'm totally down for that. I'll be in Orlando, so pretty close to you.

WesleyS said:
That's what I'm thinking too. I went in to this 120 knowing what to expect, so I wasn't disappointed. But I can't blame anyone for expecting something way different from a beer that's labeled as "The Imperial India Pale Ale" as if its the definitive example of the style.
If I labeled a box as "The cream filled donut" but when you opened the box and took a bite, it was a biscuit filled with liver pâté, it wouldn't necessarily be bad ( well yes it would ;) ) but it wouldn't be what's expected by the label and description.

Hey Wes if you ever get the chance to drink a fresh 120 the hops are present. After a year they fade and the Malts start taking form, I got one bottle left that I'm aging five years because I got it like a week before my little man was born so figured I brake it out on his fifth birthday. The price is way over the top on it, I don't think it should be priced as high as it is for one bottle. Figured I would just throw that out there for if you see or find a fresh bottle

nukebrewer said:
That's nothing to be ashamed about. I'm super excited as well. Most breweries that are near me, the tour is looking around while you're tasting what they have on tap. So for me the tour is more about trying what they only serve at the brewery rather than seeing the brewery itself. For the most part if you've seen one brewery you've seen them all.

Apparently CCB's tours are free-form. You do have to pay $5 to do it, but you get a pint of beer and you get to keep the glass. They also serve out of the fermenters on a regular basis (from what i have read). you have a better chance than i do of catching Zhukov in process, it is released in August. Sounds like a good time to me!

Just finished a sample of my pineapple hefe. It's almost carbed and it's almost identical to the commercial beer I tried (successfully) cloning with the exception of mine having more pineapple flavor which is what I was going for. A buddy did a side by side and said mine is pretty much identical.
Clone of which beer?? Recipe??

Drinking a centennial blonde trying to decide what to drink next. I'm getting fookee wastee tonight. Might have to break out some mango wine

1fast636 said:
Hey Wes if you ever get the chance to drink a fresh 120 the hops are present. After a year they fade and the Malts start taking form, I got one bottle left that I'm aging five years because I got it like a week before my little man was born so figured I brake it out on his fifth birthday. The price is way over the top on it, I don't think it should be priced as high as it is for one bottle. Figured I would just throw that out there for if you see or find a fresh bottle

A bunch of bottles just hit Houston, so it would be no problem getting a fresh bottle.
I don't know, I might pick one up to try fresh.

Clone of which beer?? Recipe??

It's a clone of San Tan Brewery's Mr. Pineapple.
Recipe is:

4lbs white wheat
4lbs 2-row
2lbs Munich
Hallertau at 60min for 15ibu

Underpitched WLP830 (one vial, no starter) and fermented at 62 for the first few days then let free-rise to room temp.

Kegged on top of 2 quarts 100% Langers pineapple juice and let sit at room temp for 24 hours to ferment some of the juice then chilled and force carbed.

I may name this one Liquid Pantie Remover :rockin:

Apparently CCB's tours are free-form. You do have to pay $5 to do it, but you get a pint of beer and you get to keep the glass. They also serve out of the fermenters on a regular basis (from what i have read). you have a better chance than i do of catching Zhukov in process, it is released in August. Sounds like a good time to me!

Nice! I was at a Hooker Brewing tour recently where we got to try a beer from the fermenter. I don't know what Zhukov is, but if you're mentioning it in this context then it's probably something special.

Drinking this in memory of Greg Fretz who lost his battle to throat cancer last weekend. Will be attempting to clone this beer this weekend. The man did wonders for the local craft beer movement

ForumRunner_20130524_210137.jpg

nukebrewer said:
Nice! I was at a Hooker Brewing tour recently where we got to try a beer from the fermenter. I don't know what Zhukov is, but if you're mentioning it in this context then it's probably something special.

Marshall Zhukov is a 96RB/100BA imperial stout that CCB releases in the summer. I have only had 2 of their stouts, both were amazing. Zhukov is their flagship stout. It is a less dressed up Hunupuh.
I am about 20 minutes from DT Orlando, and I know all of the good beer bars there. Definitely look me up when you are here.

It's a clone of San Tan Brewery's Mr. Pineapple.
Recipe is:

4lbs white wheat
4lbs 2-row
2lbs Munich
Hallertau at 60min for 15ibu

Underpitched WLP830 (one vial, no starter) and fermented at 62 for the first few days then let free-rise to room temp.

Kegged on top of 2 quarts 100% Langers pineapple juice and let sit at room temp for 24 hours to ferment some of the juice then chilled and force carbed.

I may name this one Liquid Pantie Remover :rockin:

I'm always surprised by how many guys on HBT wear panties and that they need to get drunk to take them off.:tank:

BBQ tonight, gonna get some good meat and match it with a nice Amber I did few months ago, and top it off with a Double Bastard from Stones. That Bastard is gonna take me a while to finish.

Had SA Latitude 48 IPA last night. All mosaic hops was pretty good. Having strong coffee this morning. gotta get bright to bottle my Maori IPA in a while.
Been colder than a well digger's backside here the last couple days. Makes me wish I'd have brewed that PM Berlin wheat last Wednesday.

Latest posts

Back