Firestone walker wookey jack yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samandbekah

Reaction score
Does anybody know what yeast firestone walker uses for their Wookey Jack?

It is so delicious that I've decided to attempt to clone it and I want this spot on...

Does anybody know what yeast firestone walker uses for their Wookey Jack?

It is so delicious that I've decided to attempt to clone it and I want this spot on...

i've read they use english ale yeast. i have a batch fermenting and forgot/thought i had a pack of 04 but didn't so i repitched an 05 slurry...

Batch of wookey?

Alright cool I will keep looking into it and see what everyone else says too...

Hey,
There is a really good clone recipe on this site just search "wookie jack all grain clone attempt" or something like that. As mentioned above they use a English ale yeast. This particular recipe suggests white labs ( not sure of the number). I did a substitution search and ended up using wyeast london ale III.

Good luck

Hey,
There is a really good clone recipe on this site just search "wookie jack all grain clone attempt" or something like that. As mentioned above they use a English ale yeast. This particular recipe suggests white labs ( not sure of the number). I did a substitution search and ended up using wyeast london ale III.

Good luck

Yes, skeezer has posted a nice clone in which he got feedback from the brewer at FW. Look it up, I just made this last week and used WLP002

Back