AHS Promo Millennium Falconer critique

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trojandux

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the AHS Promo Millennium Falconer IPA kit. I am not familiar with either of these hops and am interested to know how this brew tastes and turned out. Oh and I love the Star Wars reference. It is the best ship in universe.

I can't speak for the Millennium Falconer IPA kit, but I've made my own IPA with Falconer's Flight and Magnum. I really like Falconer's flight, but I also like anything with Amarillo and Cascade. The grapefruit/citrus flavor seems to stand out nicely, but there is more character to it than Amarillo, from what I can tell. All AHS kits I have tried have been exceptional, so I would say it's worth a try.

Definitely go for it! I brewed this and added some rye, making it the Ryebel Alliance Mellinium Falconer, haha. You can't go wrong with a good bittering hop (mellinium) and then a mix of all the best citrusy hops (Falconer's). I would leave out the rye next time, but it is still great with it. Tapped right now and going fast! :tank:

Falconer's Flight IPA was my first brew and still my best to date. Probably one of my favorite beers. I think I'll have to try this after my IIPA

SirSchmiggs said:
Definitely go for it! I brewed this and added some rye, making it the Ryebel Alliance Mellinium Falconer, haha. You can't go wrong with a good bittering hop (mellinium) and then a mix of all the best citrusy hops (Falconer's). I would leave out the rye next time, but it is still great with it. Tapped right now and going fast! :tank:

That is funny! :)

A buddy just bottled a batch of this last night. Will report back in a few weeks. The only problem is, this was a promo kit, so if it turns out to be great, we'll have to recreate it since it currently isn't available as a kit.

I would be interested in the recipe you used, or would use for your next batch. I'm planning on making a Darth Vader IPA(imperial ipa by the time I'm done with it) and I need something to help "bring balance to the force."

Back