Locally Dist. Beers From...Everywhere?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namyarb3

Reaction score
Hey. My name is Chris. This will be a forever ongoing thread that I will refer to, and hopefully others can benefit from.

My wife travels all around the country for her job. Some would say it's a luxury;)
This has given me the chance to get ahold of beer(s) that I would normally never get to taste. My issue is that I have no idea what a local brewery in ****hole, TN produces that I should try!!
This forum has members from all over, and I'm sure that you can give me some great ideas.

I will keep this post as an ongoing list of beer(s) that I have tried. Keep in mind that they do not need to be brewed in the area she's at, although that would be awesome. They just need to be available to her. My preference is in IPA or IIPA.
Thank you.

Tried:
Boulevard Doublewide
Boulevard Singlewide

As far as bottling or canning, nothing. Flatbranch is a local brewery that does growlers. I would recommend it. Nothing that great, but pretty good. There is also a place called Broadway brewery but I've never been. They might do growlers as well.

I'm not sure if you get Schlafly or Boulevard where your from but those are from St. Louis and KC respectively. The TIPA from Schlafly is the best and the double wide IPA from Boulevard is pretty good too. I recommend the "sixth glass" Belgian quad from boulevard though.

Also 4 Hands brewery from STL is great. Try Divided Sky Rye IPA.

Check out this site:

http://www.seekabrew.com/distro/index.html

You configure out what they have that you can't get in your home state.

I imagine Boulevard is widespread in Columbia as its made in KC. Any of there smokestack series is good, Dark Truth stout/Doublewide IIPA/Bourbon Barrel Quad/Rye on Rye/Tank 7

If she ever visits Nebraska.....
Nebraska Brewing Companies Melange a Trois/Apricot Au Poivre Saison/Chardonnay barrel aged Hop God/Black Betty Imperial stout

I had a Perennial artisan ale "Black Walnut Dunkel" that I thought was amazing. They are based in st.louis so I would think she might be able to get it in Columbia.

Awesome.
She goes to Flatbranch there. She loves the vanilla blond there.
I actually have a 4pk of the Doublewide in my fridge now. I get alot of Boulevard here, and enjoy it a bit. Schlafly I have not had. Do they bottle or can their beers?

Thanks!!

namyarb3 said:
Awesome.
She goes to Flatbranch there. She loves the vanilla blond there.
I actually have a 4pk of the Doublewide in my fridge now. I get alot of Boulevard here, and enjoy it a bit. Schlafly I have not had. Do they bottle or can their beers?

Thanks!!

Yes bottle. Pick up the freshest TIPA she can find. It's fantastic. They also make a pretty good bourbon barrel aged imperial stout.

I would recommend the 4 hands as well. IMO, 2nd best IPA made locally.

memphrica's finest. 12 pack of 40oz. 8% colt 45 at tiger-mart for 12 bucks. best deal in the land. God I miss memphis.

yeah dude, we were shocked. i had moved away for a couple years and some friends and i made a weekend trip back so i could show them around. we stopped to pick up gas and beer and BAM! 12 pack of 40's for 12 bucks. never met a better deal, but damn it took us a while to finish those bad boys. sometimes life just throws great things in your lap, got to take advantage. memphis is like a cultural oasis. maybe a few places like it in the south, but it has a lot of history along with crazy $hit happening 24/7.

She will be going to Memphis, TN in a couple weeks.
Whatcha got?

Yazoo Hop Project is a constantly changing IPA. They change the hops they use in each batch and I've enjoyed every one I've tried. I'd say it's worth seeking out.

Latest posts

Back