Found motor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUEnder

Reaction score
I found this motor in my attic. The previous homeowner must have left it. Anybody have an idea of something brew related I could use it for?

image-887056898.jpg

the worlds most ridiculous stir-plate.

Slap a speed controller onto it and there you go. Just fit the shaft with a way to hold a magnet (for the stirbar) and put it into some kind of housing. Or, built it into a cabinet/stand. :D

Now I need to look for a smallish motor to make an uber-stirplate with. :rockin:

I bet I could make a 15 gallon starter easy on a stir plate with this motor! Motor for a grain mill sounds promising. I'd like to start buying grain in bulk. I need to figure out the wiring. No experience in that department other than installing a garbage disposal one time.

Looks like a fan for a blower/vent assembly. If the shaft is 1/4" diameter finding pulley's for it could prove difficult.

I've already found a similar motor on Amazon, along with the fan part that can be adapted to hold the stirplate magnet. Then it's just a matter of making a housing for it and integrating a speed controller (light dimmer switch comes to mind). :D

If what you have is the same thing, then I doubt it as enough power/torque to run a mill.

Back