Hopping a brown ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencecore24

Reaction score
In my immortal quest to create my own brand of delicious beer i am constantly in search for making my beers bigger and better. I just finished my brown ale and was pretty happy with it. I used a combination of Chinook (which i really enjoy) and Cascade. I have grown tired of the Cascade flavor. What other hop suggestions do you have for an American Brown Ale? I am always looking to try a new hop or taste something new. Let me have your thoughts! Thanks guys!:mug:

I love Citra Hops, drinking a Citra Pale HB now. That'd be interested to try a brown with Citra. Hmmmmmmm:)

I was wondering the same thing as I am brewing a brown ale using chocolate rye malt this weekend. Was thinking of magnum and cascade possibly? I also have Williamette and Ahtanum laying around too and some tettang.

I have an American Brown on tap right now that I used Amarillo for aroma additions (flameout and dry), It's pretty good. There's some changes I would make, but not to the hop schedule.

Keep the suggestions coming! let me know why you like these, what flavors do they impart you enjoy so much!

Back