SaniClean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO. StarSan or Iodophor are the only two no-rinse sanitizers recognized by the FDA as far as I know.

EDIT!!!!

SANICLEAN is a blend of phosphoric acid and Sulfonate Oleic Acid. This synergistic
blend provides a unique synergistic system that is unaffected by excessive organic
soils. SANICLEAN is low foaming. Unlike other acid anionic detergents, SANICLEAN will
not produce excessive foam when recirculating through CIP systems. SANICLEAN does
not require a rinse when used at or below 200 ppm. Using SANICLEAN on a daily basis
will leave equipment in an acid condition that will eliminate water spotting. SANICLEAN

Sorry, I was thinking about something else. I forgot that this was one of 5-star chemical's brands... You CAN use it as a no-rinse sanitizer.

Sorry for the confusion.

NO. StarSan or Iodophor are the only two no-rinse sanitizers recognized by the FDA as far as I know.

EDIT!!!!

SANICLEAN is a blend of phosphoric acid and Sulfonate Oleic Acid. This synergistic
blend provides a unique synergistic system that is unaffected by excessive organic
soils. SANICLEAN is low foaming. Unlike other acid anionic detergents, SANICLEAN will
not produce excessive foam when recirculating through CIP systems. SANICLEAN does
not require a rinse when used at or below 200 ppm. Using SANICLEAN on a daily basis
will leave equipment in an acid condition that will eliminate water spotting. SANICLEAN

Sorry, I was thinking about something else. I forgot that this was one of 5-star chemical's brands... You CAN use it as a no-rinse sanitizer.

Sorry for the confusion.

HOLY $#!+ I always urinated in my trousers! I didn't get any quick responses so I actually used the search function (imagine that!!!) and it sounded like a variation on Starsan so I just went with it, but you really did scare me there for a second. Thanks for the reply though! 10 more gallons of delicious homebrew kegged! Cheers!

HOLY $#!+ I always urinated in my trousers! I didn't get any quick responses so I actually used the search function (imagine that!!!) and it sounded like a variation on Starsan so I just went with it, but you really did scare me there for a second. Thanks for the reply though! 10 more gallons of delicious homebrew kegged! Cheers!

hehehe.... Sorry! :eek:

I was typing quick so I could head off to bed and submitted the answer before my 3 remaining brain cells caught up to my fingers.

By the way, as for your comment - "always urinated in my trousers", you might check the grocery isle for Depends. May make your life a little more pleasant.

Congrats on the successful brew. If you are still worried about it though, have UPS bring those kegs on down to Charlotte and I will take very good care of them.

Back