bottling question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyoast

Reaction score
Hello all,
I started a Blackberry merlot about a week ago, and also started a 3 gallon batch of Ed Worts Afpelwein (excited about that one) hoping to be ready for the Christmas bash. The question I have is, I bought a few cases of 750ml wine bottles with screw on caps for the merlot but will they also be OK to bottle the Afpelwein in since it will be carbed? thanks in advance..:mug:

wyoast said:
Hello all,
I started a Blackberry merlot about a week ago, and also started a 3 gallon batch of Ed Worts Afpelwein (excited about that one) hoping to be ready for the Christmas bash. The question I have is, I bought a few cases of 750ml wine bottles with screw on caps for the merlot but will they also be OK to bottle the Afpelwein in since it will be carbed? thanks in advance..:mug:

Wine bottles won't handle the pressure. Use either beer bottles or champagne bottles.

Back