So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm making some inmate brew! How much sugar would you put in for a 3.78 l container?

dis9932_facepalm.jpg

Doing a milk stout this weekend at the wife's request. While it's mashing, I'll be trimming the hedges, also at the wife's request :)

Doing a milk stout this weekend at the wife's request. While it's mashing, I'll be trimming the hedges, also at the wife's request :)

Haha.. Man your house sounds like mine! *EDIT* Just noticed where you're from, maybe it's an STL thing :D

SWMBO: "So how long is your grain soak thingy going for?"
ME: "Oh, 90 minutes or so"
SWMBO: "Great, so you have time to mow the lawn!"

Priceless :)

We're brewing up a weakened version of Edwort's Oktoberfest Ale this weekend, Grain to glass in 6 weeks. Going to be a rush but damn if I'm not going to give it my all!

Got my grain and my grain mill this week, so I am definitely brewing this Sunday! I have a Huckleberry Honey Ale planned for the first round... If there is time I may even try a blonde ale as well

Since I'm working this weekend I had to get my brewing done early, so I brewed up a nice Citra Saison yesterday. My base was mostly Belgian pilsner with some Munich for color, and of course some wheat for body and and a touch or Rye to emphasize the spicy flavor of the yeast and some honey for extra alcohol and flavor. I'm hoping to have a moderately strong Saison with a SG of 1.058 and about 33ibu, much of which is from late addition hop additions of the Citra variety.

I hope it turns out.

Beezy said:
SMaSH wet cascades and MO. Tomorrow probably.

Well getting blown off on the wet hops and I am still planning on brewing so it's going to be Palisade Pale Ale instead.

Well, I got laid off today, so I will have plenty of time to brew. I am planning on brewing a porter this weekend...possibly Black Pearl...and probably some sort of pale.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Sorry, but dude, that can be taken so very many ways. :D

I hope that yesterday's brew session will produce a nice Red Chile Pepper wheat........I hope (I was in an experimental mood after being on as road trip where I drank nothing but craft beers.....yum):tank:

My last 2 batches have turned out cidery, I'm a little concerned I have an infection in the brewery so I'm going to be playing Bleach Carpet Bomb the brewery this weekend..

hopefully i can find the time this weekend to go get ingredients to brew up an oktoberfest. :mug:

I have not brewed in almost 3 months now and the supply is getting low. Plan a huge brew day to load up the pipeline in time for football season. Plan a quick turn around wheat (10 gal) that will be keg carbed by Sep 3 college football. A 10 gal Pale Ale and 5 gal IIPA. My first attempt at a 25 gal brewday!

20 gallons this weekend. It's all Belgian. We're doing a 15 gallon batch of a La Fin du Monde clone and 5 gallons of a Delerium Tremens.

It's time to use up leftover grain & hops. We're doing 5 gallons of a "German IPA" and 5 of an end-of-summer Saison.

Making another French saison this weekend. Using yeast harvested from the one I have carbing up right now. Wyeast 3711 might be my new best friend! The one I made went from 1.044 to 1.002 and held there so I tossed it in the keg. The aroma is just amazing.

The one I make this weekend will be a bit bigger of a beer with maybe some random ingredient that interest me from my ever growing specialty grain collection.

Chuckus95 said:
Got a three gallon batch of my Laphroaig Oak Barrel Aged Imperial Stout in the brew kettle.

Sounds awesome! Brewdog do a series where they age imperial stouts in various single malt barrels and the one from smokehead distillery gives a lot of the iodine, smokey etc typical islay flavour of laphroaig. one of my favourite beers in fact. Got the recipe to share? I've got some caol ila at home I would like to use.

ugh. i was going to do a double-brew last "weekend" (yesterday)
but i had to get a root canal instead. no joke.
so i was going to next weekend, but, nope, more root canal (same tooth, the dentist just wanted to do it in two stages) then, additionally, the root canal and subsequent procedures are costing me hundreds of dollars (AFTER insurance) so the brew budget has been decreased.

Ed Worts Haus Pale Ale hopefully on Sunday.
It's my first all grain batch and I have some fresh hops just harvested from the back yard to add in. It's all I've been thinking about for the past few days.

Been a while since the baby was born in April. Brewed two weeks ago, again today, planning for 9/2.

Kegged last session's IPA and stout while making more IPA and a bunch of lite beer. Plus of course apfelwein. I love taking a day off to brew!

Back