Finally on my way to kegging!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willsellout

Reaction score
So I spotted this Haeir (sp?) 5.3 cubic foot chest freezer on CL for 80 bucks and am going to pick it up tomorrow. I'm planning on having a 3 tap system from so that I can have two beers and an Apfelwein on tap at all times:ban:. What changed my mind was that my last batch is having a hard time carbonating so I said "screw it" I'm gonna dive in!

I will be making a collar for it and hopefully painting it and making it a killer keezer!
http://www.amazon.com/Haier-HNCM053E-Cubic-Chest-Freezer/dp/B000UHUY1S

Any suggestions before I go on a spending spree?

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a great size for an in-house kegerator. Just make really sure it'll fit 3 cornies. Bring them with you if you must. I have a similar CF, but the hump takes up a whole half of the bottom. I can only fit one corny in there....and I just use it to keep bottles cold. Not worthless, but it'd be perfect with 3 cornies and a 3 tap tower.

It's a great size for an in-house kegerator. Just make really sure it'll fit 3 cornies. Bring them with you if you must. I have a similar CF, but the hump takes up a whole half of the bottom. I can only fit one corny in there....and I just use it to keep bottles cold. Not worthless, but it'd be perfect with 3 cornies and a 3 tap tower.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. Cornies measure 9" so based on the interior picture Im guessing it's about 23" of usable space wide and 22" deep taking into account the hump. That should be enough for three possibly four. I'm going to measure it out inside to make sure before I take it home though.

Dan

That's what I'm hoping for as well. Cornies measure 9" so based on the interior picture Im guessing it's about 23" of usable space wide and 22" deep taking into account the hump. That should be enough for three possibly four. I'm going to measure it out inside to make sure before I take it home though.

Dan
I am thinking of using this same freezer. Did it fit 3 kegs with CO2? Any pics you could post?

Back