Beer in Atlanta

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knokep

Reaction score
I will be traveling to Atlanta next month. Anyone from the area have any recommendations for what I should check out for local beer? Any beer to look for that I wouldn't be able to find in the Northwest? Any attractions I should check out that aren't beer related. I'll have a rental car and evenings free.

Thanks for suggestions in a advance.

The Porter in Little 5 Points and The Brick Store in Decatur are must visit! Both always among the top 5-10 beer bars in America.

As far as breweries, Sweetwater and Red Brick Are the big two in the city. I would recommend Red Brick, not as crowded and more likey to see the head brewer and he is usally more than happy to talk shop.

I Decatur there is Blue Tarp and 3 Taverns which are both. Blue Tarp makes some sours. 3 Taverns is having their grand opening for their tasting room on Oct 11 and 12 and seeking tickets online. They are a Belgian style brewery with a head brewer from Belgium.

There are many other breweries in the area too and I know others will fill you in on them.

Back