My head on the soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalpysko

Reaction score
Have a great head when pouring the soda from the keg but when the head dies down the soda is flat why????

Ok so lowering the co2 will make it come out better

"Maybe"... how are you dispensing?... e.g. what type of faucet, how much line, diameter of line, psi, etc?

Basically it is a balance. You want soda at 30 or so PSI, meaning that you need a longer hose to drop the pressure so it doesn't come out as fast out of the faucet. If you just lower the pressure to say 12 PSI eventually it will be undercarbed.

For example I run my soda at 80 PSI out of a carbonator and then use a few feet of 1/8" line to drop the pressure.

3 ft 1/8 in dia from a five gallon keg of co2 at 20 psi

3 feet may not be enough. I have never really found a good answer for how much resistance is in the 1/8" line, but I use more like 5 to 8 feet. The other option which is actually what I switched to is the micromatic flow control adapter... I can get you a url.

Either way it seems like you need some more resistance or less pressure.

How fast is it dispensing? (how long does it take to fill a pint glass)

Back