Morgans IPA gravity issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moluken

Reaction score
Hi.

I am just in to my first brew with a coopers DIY equipement and i choose a Morgans IPA.

beeing on my 1st one I made an extremly simple brew - Morgans IPA and Dextrose- i mistake and i added like 1,3 Kg of dextrose instead of 1kg so i know it might turn undrincable but i wanted to get some advice before getting rid of it

Mi OG was 1037. Day four it was 1005 and tonight day 5 is 1002.
i had a taste and it wanst bad but still very sweet, and i am afraid the gravity will keep going down

My question is:

Should i i give a chance to that brew? or give up?

for the next one i have a coopers stout, 1kg of liquid light malt extract, 700g of dextrose and 500g of maple syrup. is that a good recipe for a begginer?

Thanks for you time guys!

Cheers :drunk:

Do you mean it was at 1.002? How could that possible be sweet? What else did you put in the recipe?

i was just afraid that 1002 was too low for a DIY kit as they say 1010 is the normal FG

the recipe was just a beer kit IPA from morgans, 1,3kg of dextrose 23 litters of water and yeast.

OG was 1037

day 4 1005
day 5 1002
day 6 1002

i had a taste today and sweetnes seems to be going away swlowly and its starting to taste morre drinkable. im just going to give it like 1 or 2 more days and bottle. and for the next one i will go for more ingredients.

cheers!

Back