Which online vendor has the best recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenbrew

Reaction score
Of the major online vendors, whose all grain kits have you had the most luck with? Any preferences due to service/quality/price/etc, or are they all about the same?

Of the major online vendors, whose all grain kits have you had the most luck with? Any preferences due to service/quality/price/etc, or are they all about the same?

Try lhbs? Or jus to far away? I always try to support local, as does most people on here.. but what i have bought online NB has been spot on..

Northern Brewer kits are great. They also have a page with all of the recipes in PDFs. Use downloadthem all and grab them. Many are in the addons for beersmith as well.

While my one Xtreme kit (60-minute IPA) was very good, I've been happier with AHS, both their clones and their own kits. Then there's the variety, 1121 kits.

Try lhbs? Or jus to far away? I always try to support local, as does most people on here.

My LHBS continually disappoints me with bad advice, poor service, and having the doors locked during business hours. I just can't support a business like that and there are no other stores in my area so I need to find an online vendor.

My LHBS continually disappoints me with bad advice, poor service, and having the doors locked during business hours. I just can't support a business like that and there are no other stores in my area so I need to find an online vendor.

Then i dont blame you.. i have 2 lhbs within 10 miles (few smaller party stores that jus sell supplies not really knowledgable) and both are pretty good.. not to rub it in.. but yea i would go online as well.

I love the brew builder at Brewmasters Warehouse. I use the recipes I find here or other places on the interwebs. I've had success with kits from AHS and NB as well. We have 3 local shops here 2 are far away and expensive. The 3rd is new and I like their prices but they are only open 3 days a week and have a very small inventory. I did pick up a sack of 2 row from them recently at a decent price.

Only my first two beers were kits, both Brewer's Best, and both were solid. Belgian Tripel and a Schwartzbier brewed as an ale instead of a lager. The color on the Tripel was pretty dark for the style, probably due to using extract, but it tasted great. And the Schwartzbier brewed as an ale is actually what got me into Black IPAs.

I think most companies that do kits are probably diplomatic about what recipes they put out there in these kits and I doubt any of them are going to be terrible. I'm not sure if "diplomatic" is the word I was going for but I'm sticking with it.

Back