What Brewing (or beer) Goodies Did Santa Bring You?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My boss handed me a $25 Gift card to Borders so it was a no brainer.

Within 10 minutes, I had the $25 spent and got free shipping.

These are officially my first brewing X-mas presents:

RadicalBrewing.jpg

Jamil's Book.jpg

How bout you all. What'd ya get (beer related)?

I'll tell you in a week since no one seems willing to give me anything early :mad:
I think I am just getting some brewing books and I'll probably get a gift certificate to somewhere so I can buy some perlicks.

I've asked Santa for an electric chalkboard to put above my kegerator. But then, I asked for that for my birthday three weeks ago and didn't get it then, either......

I've asked mrs. santa for some Edmond Fitzgerald. I don't think I'll get anything brewing related because I'm concentrating all efforts on completing the basement. So, most likely, I'll get gift cards from Home Depot and Menards

You'll like radical brewing - fun book

Bernie Brewer said:
I've asked Santa for an electric chalkboard to put above my kegerator. But then, I asked for that for my birthday three weeks ago and didn't get it then, either......

What function does a charlboard offer that electric makes better?

So far Santa (me) has brought the Barley Crusher and money for keggle. From others I've received ingredients and an IC. I will probably get some gift cards for brew supply stores. I want the new Palmer/Jamil book as well so hopefully that'll make its way under the tree...:mug:

Looks like I'll be getting a food saver, maybe an oxygen pump, and Brewing Classic Styles. I guess there's an outside chance I'll get those weird/funky Sam Adams glasses, but I was only half serious when I mentioned them. Still pretty exciting.

I got a refractometer and the ultimate "I don't know what in the world to get you from that store so here's some money" gift.

The refractometer is totally awesome! I now know the SG of damn near everything in my house.

And, you'll love "Radical Brewing." It's a great book, and Randy is a great guy.

TL

Bernie Brewer said:
... electric chalkboard...

Man, I remember them! They kicked butt until their bass player, Stumpy Joe, died. Choked on his own puke, IIRC.

I'll be getting $$$ from Santa this year and it's going straight into tricking out my keezer! My first stop will be to pick up one of those discounted drip trays from Forrest at AHB!

Santa brought me a new grain mill (out of necessity though). That led to wood, supplies, a black and decker work table and a cordless jigsaw to complete the project. I'm (I mean Santa is) now scoping out a 20 cf freezer on CL for a kegerator project.

Oh yeah, he's also bring me a foodsaver...I'll use it for hops/small amounts of grains, but I'll use it ten times as much for actual food saving.

Something I've been wanting for many, many, years... an Angram Beer Engine a.k.a. hand pump. :ban:

I'm thinking about buying a small fridge that will fit x2 cornys (sanyo) and building a cabinet on top so that I can clamp the beer engine on and keep the pump unit cool.

Tonight the girlfriend surprised me with a chest freezer and a ranco controller. Time to upgrade to 3 taps and start lagering!

Santa want's me to start kegging and brewing outside. So a kegerator w/corny kegs, regulator, tank and burner will be on the list..

Rhoobarb said:
Man, I remember them! They kicked butt until their bass player, Stumpy Joe, died. Choked on his own puke, IIRC.
I thought it was somebody else's puke he choked on? Or was that the drummer? (No...he died in a bizarre gardening accident.)

I got the intermediate kit from Midwest supplies plus a couple of their recipe kits, bottles, and other stuff needed. Santa came early.:ban:

I got a brand new shiny co2 gas regulator for the kegerator that I visit often... and a grain mill (snuck it outa Santas bag when she wasn't lookin')

Wife's pretty tight lipped about stuff like that-on the other hand, she's made clear that she has directed other family members to gift card the LHBS to me.

This reminds me- I haven't had a chance to even think what to get her-working last 17 days straight-and on to Sunday-gives me Monday to start shopping....:(

I told my family polyanna either a new oxygenation kit or a couple books.

Hey Munch, I may be displaying my own stupidity here, but I thought the recipies in that Jamil/Palmer book were extract and you were AG. I know you can do the conversions, but correct me if I am wrong on either or both accounts.

He's up in the air: he might pick up a barley crusher, but our lhbs is basically across the street and their crush is acceptable; he might pick up most of a draft system, but the student-loan fairy would have to supply the CO2 tank and the craigslist (. . .)elf(?) would cover the fridge.

stocking stuffers from the exotic united states include 5.2 stabiliser, star-san, US-05, inline aquarium hepa . . .

Ryan_PA said:
...Hey Munch, I may be displaying my own stupidity here, but I thought the recipies in that Jamil/Palmer book were extract and you were AG. I know you can do the conversions, but correct me if I am wrong on either or both accounts.

I think it leans toward AG with extract conversion "footnotes". I know during his broadcasts on the brewing network, he talks all-grain.

I doesn't get any presents from my SWMBO yet.... she just started her job, and her first paycheck comes 3 days after xmas, 3 days before mortgage is due. So all our base is belong to US Bank.

But she said the sexiest thing last night. "For Christmas next year, I want to save some money and turn the basement into your brewery. We'll have grain bins hung on the walls and storage everywhere.... we'll get you a nice fridge for kegs, and a big CO2 tank somewhere out of the way. You'll probably need lots of new lights, and maybe even a vent hood, right?"

I love my SWMBO. :D

I got some yeast...no pun intended...;)

I received 2 stir bars the other day.

I'm expecting a set of 60 test tubes with stoppers and a rack any day now...that will allow me to get rid of the baby food jars. The test tubes will take up less room...more room for beer in the fridge. :D

I have a couple bids in on eBay for some tap handles...too iffy.

Let me know how that second book is. I've never seen that one.

homebrewer_99 said:
...Let me know how that second book is. I've never seen that one.
Edwort said it was a good read.

I guess it's just Jamil and Palmer, putting down exact recipes that he's (Jamil) won with and talking beer...

My kind of reading.

I got (or have coming):

Books: Designing Great Beers, Brewing Classic Styles (Jamils), and Brewmasters Bible
Ingredients: Gift card from Midwestsupplies that will buy my next AG kit or two
Other: A red light - yes a full-size traffic light. Can display all colors lit at once or can alternate colors. Why is this beer related? B/c it will be in my beer-room lighting up the atmosphere while I drink.

I'd like to buy myself a Barley Crusher now that I'm into AG. Tempting as the 7g hopper one, with shipping, is only $130... Guess I'll see if I get any dough for Christmas and this is what it will go towards.

I... I mean, Santa.... brought myself.... uhm, I mean, brought me .... 8 corny kegs. Got them for a song and some cash. Half came with beer in them. :D
(In other words, I just got home from meeting up with a friend.)

Every Christmas my wonderful sister signs me up to a monthly beer club. For 3 months the club sends me 12 beers each month, 4 different kinds of beer, 3 of each, in the mail. They come from microbreweries in the US. I recommend it!:mug:

Davesbrew85 said:
Every Christmas my wonderful sister signs me up to a monthly beer club. For 3 months the club sends me 12 beers each month, 4 different kinds of beer, 3 of each, in the mail. They come from microbreweries in the US. I recommend it!:mug:
got a link?

Well, let's see, already received a ~90 count bottle tree with squirty thing on top and a case of 22oz bottles. There is also a Corona-style-grain-mill rattle in a box under the tree (I figured it would work fine for special grains in extract brews, maybe some mini-mashing later on). Going on order just after Christmas will be a new fermenting bucket for primary (getting rid of the 6-gallon glass) and a couple more better bottles for secondaries (getting rid of the 5-gallon glass) along with some miscellaneous equipment and the ingredients for a mild brown and a porter to be brewed back to back. I'm waiting until after Christmas on the order to see if I'm correct on the grain mill, so I know whether to order the grain milled or not.

Rick

Back