Opened my first bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vogtenstein222

Reaction score
So my first brew has only been carbing in bottles for a week now and I decided to be that guy tonight and open one just to see....oh my gosh it was amazing! Can't wait for it to get further along.

image-857115585.jpg

BridgewaterBrewer said:
Congrats! Looks good. Welcome to the obsession. PS try to let the rest age a couple more weeks and then another couple days in fridge.

Oh I know. I just HAD to try one

...and I decided to be that guy tonight and open one just to see....

We are all "that guy" at one time or another. Sometimes you just have to have a wee taste to dispel all the beer gremlins whispering in your ear, "You probably ruined it. I bet it's awful." Just remember not to feed them after midnight--aw heck! Go ahead.

Looks really good, nice and clear. My first one is a IPA and its pretty cloudy. I couldnt wait the full 2 weeks either. After 2 weeks I have maybe 24 beers left lol...congrats!

What's this nonsense about waiting two weeks? :) I've never made it that long before cracking one open, and I can't seem to fill my pipeline fast enough that I'm not eager to try my latest beer. I'm bottling an IPA next weekend (Green Flash West Coast clone), and I'm gonna try really hard to hold out at least two weeks before trying one of those.

Looks good...I like that glass too!

I drink one a week after bottling just to see how the process is going and to ensure that I didn't over carb the beer and create bottle bombs. Yes it does hinder me from having more beer later but oh well.

I drank my Pineapple Ale last night after being bottled for 1 week. This is what I call my accident beer as my efficiency on my first AG was very low so I added pineapple just to add something to it.

Congrats, just think how good that beer is going to be when it actually has some carbonation!

Most say to let the beer condition for 3 weeks. I almost always try one at 2 weeks. Some are carbonated at two weeks and ALL of them are better after 3 weeks.

As others have said...we've all been "that guy". It will be noticeably better after another couple of weeks.

A pipeline makes waiting a lot easier.

Congrats on your first beer! You did good!

I can only hope mine looks that good. I have been fighting the urge for almost 2 weeks. Still have another to go.

Congratulations

I was that guy too and mine was just like yours... same colour, super clarity.

You'll be amazed at the difference next week and again the week after :)

I just opened my first bottle after a week also I couldn't wait to try it. Surprisingly it had decent carbonation and tastes damn good to me

JohnK93 said:
What's this nonsense about waiting two weeks? :) I've never made it that long before cracking one open, and I can't seem to fill my pipeline fast enough that I'm not eager to try my latest beer. I'm bottling an IPA next weekend (Green Flash West Coast clone), and I'm gonna try really hard to hold out at least two weeks before trying one of those.

Looks good...I like that glass too!

Ya there's all these rules about 3 weeks primary an 3 weeks bottles. I made one happen, bottles didn't stand a chance.
The glass came from a drunk night at a bar, that's all I can say about that. I wish it weren't the case because now I want more but there's only one way to get the matching glasses for that cheap.

stevehardt said:
As others have said...we've all been "that guy". It will be noticeably better after another couple of weeks.

A pipeline makes waiting a lot easier.

Congrats on your first beer! You did good!

Ya I'm starting a panic button hefeweizen in a week or so...so they'll both be ready at virtually the same time but ill be able to constantly have panic button if I like it (keep it on a monthly continual) and have a 6-week rotator as well. Sounds ideal to me.

Back