Potassium Metabisulfite in concentrate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhoDey78

Reaction score
I read a recipe from Jack Keller's site for strawberry wine. It calls for Welch's 100% white grape juice concentrate. I bought the concentrate, but noticed it has K-meta in it. Will this kill my yeast, or has it been neutralized already and safe to use? I assume since his recipe calls for it that it is fine, but I just want to be sure. Who knows, maybe the juice didn't have that in it when he wrote the recipe. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I read a recipe from Jack Keller's site for strawberry wine. It calls for Welch's 100% white grape juice concentrate. I bought the concentrate, but noticed it has K-meta in it. Will this kill my yeast, or has it been neutralized already and safe to use? I assume since his recipe calls for it that it is fine, but I just want to be sure. Who knows, maybe the juice didn't have that in it when he wrote the recipe. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

It's fine!

Back