kegging ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishjoe

Reaction score
Getting ready to bottle or keg. I am thinking of kegging. Can I use candi sugar to start co2 process?

Yes, but seal the keg with some CO2 or your effort with be worthless. I learned this the hard way after trying to naturally carb about 4 batches and getting nothing.

Airborneguy said:
Yes, but seal the keg with some CO2 or your effort with be worthless. I learned this the hard way after trying to naturally carb about 4 batches and getting nothing.

Then just wait a week or so then set it to serving pressure?

Airborneguy said:

+ 1 I do this too, sometimes. I like the naturally carbed beer, the feel of the head seems tighter, creamier. As ABG says above, you need to seal the keg tight with CO2 and leave it at bottle conditioning temps (70F +). Also there will be sediment in the keg which will end up in your first glass or two.

Back