Camlocks and carboy's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renevdb

Reaction score
Looking at adding camlocks when I get my pump, just wondering how people use them to transfer to a carboy.

I will be creating a whirlpool using the pump and immersion chiller. After reaching the correct temp I will disconnect the whirlpool and move hose to the carboy. Will the camlock fit in the neck or will it get stuck inside if the little arms open?

I do the same thing as what you mention above. I actually just pull the camlock off the end of the hose before I place it into my better bottle or bucket. The camlocks fit so well onto silicone hose that I don't use any zip ties.

Ever consider using the male end for that part of the hose? You could just change the position of the camloks and you won't have to mess with the coupler portion.

Ever consider using the male end for that part of the hose? You could just change the position of the camloks and you won't have to mess with the coupler portion.

If all your "hard" mount points have males and you only have females on the hoses, then having a male on a hose would kind of useless. Why not just have a hose with a female on one end and no QD on the other?

Thanks for the options, think I will get a male camlock with a barb and create a 2' hose. This way I can create a 'regular' hose anytime by connecting it to one of the female camlock hoses.

Back