Denver/Front Rangers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. I'm going to put in a wheat, vienna lager, bock, apa, and ara. I was hoping to have a stout ready to go, but that is going to be a couple of weeks late for this one. I think the gnarly barley festival is coming up, and the state fair later this summer.

As for the liquid poets slam, I sort of thought they would have a few more breweries lined up to enter the gabf pro-am. Its pretty exciting that they got New Belgium, O'Dells, and Equinox, but I sort of thought they had lined up Fort Collins and maybe CB Potts as well.

Yeah, I had thought that they had 5 GABF pro ams, but thats ok.

I just dropped them off at UPS, should be there by Thurday. I entered an am wheat, vanilla porter, breakfast stout......the wheat and porter are pretty good, I am just hoping the stout will be fully carbed by comp time!

Good Luck!

Did anybody make it to this? Not sure if they will post scores on their website or if we'll just have to wait on score sheets.

I was hoping to make it but ended up having to go to a kids birthday party instead. I haven't seen any results yet, but I'm kind of hoping they post them. Waiting is pretty tough.

I made it to the judging. really nice folks and a good time.

My Hefe took 1st place for German wheat. My Belgian Pale took 3rd in a sort of made up category called "light belgians," if I remember the name of that category correctly.

I made it to the judging. really nice folks and a good time.

My Hefe took 1st place for German wheat. My Belgian Pale took 3rd in a sort of made up category called "light belgians," if I remember the name of that category correctly.

Congratulations on the hefeweizen win. I guess the best I can hope for there is 2nd. Any idea what the Pro-Am winners were?

I wish I could tell you. The faces were all new to me, so it was tough to keep track of who was winning what. I bet a club member will answer your question pretty soon.

3rd in Stout...it was only in the bottle for about 3 weeks. It will be interesting to see the comments on my am wheat, as this batch has scored 40-43 in the other 2 contests I entered it in. Didn't place in this one though.

Great Job HBTers!

Congratulations on the 3rd in Stout.

Did anyone else notice that the BOS runner up kind of got snubbed for the Pro-Am? BOS and 2nd runner up are being brewed, but New Belgium went with a blonde rather than the IPA. -- Never mind. I see what happened, they went for the best in the Belgian Specialty category. Still, I feel bad for they guy who got 2nd overall.

Back