1st Annual Pay it Forward: Post what you got!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a burner from Kelsch. Yesterday was the first day I had a chance to use it and it worked out great. Cheers to Kelsch and tmoney for having the idea in the first place.

I got:
-60-Qt. Polarware Kettle With False Bottom
-30-Qt. Brew Kettle
-Outdoor Propane Burner
-A Wine Thief
I'll be doing my first All-Grain Brew shortly! My wife LOVES me!

That's quite a haul rono, but I think you might be in the wrong thread. This is for a program we did a while ago where brewers would pass along some of the equipment they weren't using anymore. Congratulations on the kettles though. I'm a bit jealous about the polarware monster.

Thank you Flyangler for the pint glass. As promised, here's a pic. with the first home brew. salute
amber_ale1.JPG

Andrew - glad you liked it.

Received 8oz of aged Simcoe hops from a very generous Chriso. The thread exemplified the generosity and kindness that I think HBT has become known for. Thanks again and I'm hoping for some pretty good bitterness on the stout I recently brewed up.

A few ounces of Hersbrucker hops from Chriso. Thanks!

Hopefully if this happens next year I can share something ;-)

people are busy
times are fast
we may not be able
to do the complete the task

this is a copy
of a pm sent
from the member Jaybird
for the gift that went...

Corey
I just got the gas line today. Thanks so much. This will help out a lot
Hope you have a very HOPPY Christmas
Cheers
Jay

I got a free shipping coupon to AHS from Displaced MassHole

Olllo, sorry I didn't start the "post what ya got" thread I haven't checked the OP in quite a few days since it seemed to slow down a bit. I'm glad everyone seemed to enjoy the idea and get some needed things. I kind of like the idea of doing it once a year though, that way people can get something every year. With the original rules you can only get one thing. But whatever you guys decide is fine.

I received S-04 and the fermometer from MMB! Thanks again... Next year, I'm sure I'll have some goodies to pass forward...

I did not get a chance to benefit or contribute to the PIF although it was a great idea. I have a suggestion though. Instead of making a thread, people should just post items they dont need into the auction forum. Something like this for the title:

PIF: Bottle Capper

This goes on a lot in another forum I frequent. It has really helped to improve the spirit of generosity in the forum.

I recevied a wing capper from Kelsch and a thermometer from ollllo.

These were the only two people to tell me they'd send something, so I had a positive experience. I'd like to keep it going, at least until I get the chance to "pay it forward".

I received my pint glass from Jester369. All in all, a great experience, and a chance to clean out my brew corner a little and hopefully help some people out at the same time.

How the hell did I miss this thread?

ESB tap handle from A4J
Book on cider making from...crap, his name escapes me at the moment.
sodium percarbonate from Hugh Jass

Since AFAJ Brewguy felt bad about taking his time sending the Biere De Garde yeast(I didn't mind), he sent a package of Nottingham and an ounce of Cascades!

I think we should do the Pay it Forward thread at least once a year. Especially after the holidays, since everyone gets new stuff then.

Back