Fresh Hops? I hope so!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe

It's a sickness!
Reaction score
So I guess I'm a little antsy, but it's been 7 day's since I ordered my rhizomes, and there still not at my door! I figured them being 1 state away they would be here a whole lot quicker. I feel sorry for you fellas in Maine! :confused: Anyone else experience a long shipping time from them?

I thot I would get them fast to I live in nor cal. I orders mine the 13th and called them
the 17th and thay sed thay where 5 days behind on orders.

You gotta remember, everyone and their brother is ordering rhizomes this time of year. Plus with the hop shortage it's caused many people to want to try their hand at growing them this year so they're getting a lot of orders.

karbinator said:
I guess I wasted money when I ordered 3 day select (expensive) last friday.

You will still get it in three days.... Once they get around to your order:D

No seriously, as said before everyone and thier brother is wanting to get in on hop growing due to the shortage/prices. Hell, I'd be one of them if I knew my dogs would leave them alone and not eat them as soon as they pop up...

Mine came within the ten days promised.

Idid, however, call Freshops to get an update. Talked to Dave himself. He told me that they received (at the time) over 1400 orders and it is taking a minimum of 4 days to fill each order.

Mine came in good health and condition.

karbinator - you might want to change the shipping. We've also had some heavy rain the last couple days, which makes for difficult harvesting.

The Heart of the Valley meeting tonight is at his brewery (Oregon Trails). I suspect he'll be covered with mud.

Came home to a box today!!
Had to call dave though as the
order was missing the loose hops,
and book, and one jumbo. He was
kind about it, and did mention there
are some new workers in there, so
apparently he's swamped.

I'd have to give him a thumbs up, since
my order was originally 2 days air, he's
going to send the forgotten items 2 day
as well.

Karb

Good for you Karb!

I sent an e-mail this morning I ordered last Sunday and have not recieved that one and then another order Monday. I have the bed ready and waiting to be planted!!!

I thought I was all bymyself waiting on them!:mug:

davidgarcia said:
do thay give you a tracking number?

I never got a number, or email saying they were going out (from Freshops).
They just showed up (2 day air I guess)
I've been waiting on some bundles of hops from HBS farms, as they
did forward an email saying they were sent out last friday, but again, no
tracking with them either.
I'm going to be really busy in the field the next few weeks.:drunk:

GilaMinumBeer said:
He told me that they received (at the time) over 1400 orders and it is taking a minimum of 4 days to fill each order.

I know nothing about what that means in terms of their business, but for the 8 of us, that would be like freaking all of the major holidays wrapped up at once. That is a lot of orders....my order of 12 is a part of that 1400! :D

Back