What's the best CHEAP 1 bbl turn key system out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Microphobik

Reaction score
I am interested in starting a nano brewery. I'm less interested in profit right now than I am testing the market. Though I'd like to at least make some money to cover my time.

I am trying to price things out and want to find a cheap turnkey 1bbl system that has everything I will need. The range seems to be enormous. I can find things from $3000 - $90,000.

Anyone have any suggestions of a one stop shop for everything I will need (aside from fermentation tanks perhaps) that I can buy in one place?

I'm looking for cheap, so long as the gear is not absolute garbage. I'm just looking to get a few accounts at local bars while I test the market. So this doesn't have to be a state of the art system. Just one that works and is as affordable as possible while I test the market. the plan would be to eventually upgrade so I don't want to spend money I don't have to.

Any suggestions?

Thanks. I've spent a good deal of time on probrewer and there are a lot of options, but most seem to be one off sales of pieced together or incomplete systems. I just wondered if there were one or two systems that people felt were no brainer solutions for someone looking for a cheap, fairly basic, complete system. I just found that book this morning as well. Will definitely check it out.

Thanks.

What about a 30/30/55 Blichmann Top Tier and Tower Of Power system? That would run you about $5000.

What about a 30/30/55 Blichmann Top Tier and Tower Of Power system? That would run you about $5000.

Thanks. doing a search I'm finding homebrew shops that sell the parts but not any complete systems. No where I might find it all pieced together?

Psychobrewllc.com

I have their 3.5bbl system. Amazing quality and great to work with.

Psychobrewllc.com

I have their 3.5bbl system. Amazing quality and great to work with.

Thanks, they keep coming up. Might be the one that does the trick. I see there price on a 100 gallon set up (I assume the one you have) is $7795.00 without kettles. What does it cost with the kettles? What else is needed to make the system complete aside from fermentation tanks?

My setup was the 4 burner stand and was around $13k with 75gal kettles and mash tuns. It can do 3.5bbl batches. The 100gal kettles and mash tuns is around $17k and can do ~4.5-5bbl batches.

You'll need a tankless water heater and hoses/fittings, which will be another $2k.

My setup was the 4 burner stand and was around $13k with 75gal kettles and mash tuns. It can do 3.5bbl batches. The 100gal kettles and mash tuns is around $17k and can do ~4.5-5bbl batches.

You'll need a tankless water heater and hoses/fittings, which will be another $2k.

Awesome, thanks. I'm going to reach out to them. That is in my range. I'm now thinking I should go bigger and perhaps go for a system like yours.

I will reach out to them today as well, but so I understand. About 15k would get someone everything they need aside from fermenters, kegs, and all that went along with packaging and cleaning? Just trying to get my head around this whole thing. I appreciate the help.

I would be looking into a used 3bbl system which should be affordable and you can still get your money back on the system if you decide it isn't working out for you.

Small enough to be manageable but big enough to keep you rolling for a couple years for an in-house brewpub type operation.

Awesome, thanks. I'm going to reach out to them. That is in my range. I'm now thinking I should go bigger and perhaps go for a system like yours.

I will reach out to them today as well, but so I understand. About 15k would get someone everything they need aside from fermenters, kegs, and all that went along with packaging and cleaning? Just trying to get my head around this whole thing. I appreciate the help.

You are missing the tax stamp and whatnot in the legal department.

You are missing the tax stamp and whatnot in the legal department.

Yeah, thanks. I'm aware of the fact that there will be many other expenses. Just trying to get a handle on the price of the set up. Thanks for the input.

If you are set on a smaller system these guys are worth looking into. I have a friend that has one of their stands and it is high quality and can be used as a pilot system if/when you upgrade if you do not want to sell it.

If you are set on a smaller system these guys are worth looking into. I have a friend that has one of their stands and it is high quality and can be used as a pilot system if/when you upgrade if you do not want to sell it.

Great, thanks. Hadn't seen that one yet. Looks like a good price point if I do decide to start small with a half barrel system. But the more I read, the more I think I might want to go up around 3 bbls. Still trying to work it all out. Thanks.

For $600 they can bump you from 15 gallons to 26 if you look at their options. I agree that it is a little small and I would personally go no smaller than 3 barrels but it all has to do with what you are making and what your target audience will consume.

For $600 they can bump you from 15 gallons to 26 if you look at their options. I agree that it is a little small and I would personally go no smaller than 3 barrels but it all has to do with what you are making and what your target audience will consume.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Thinking about starting off just trying to get a few kegs into local bars and restaurants and testing the market, but a brew pub is also where it would likely go. Really leaning towards psychobrewllc.com at the moment but I have more research to do.

Latest posts

Back