General brewing question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brewed my first batch 2 weeks ago. next week i'll be bottling it! Raise the roof! I just recently got out of the Navy and I was stationed in Washington so while i was up there i was introduced to great craft beers and breweries. Since then i've become an all around beer lover so when i got out i looked into it, and went for it to brew my first batch.

TheOrphan said:
I brewed my first batch 2 weeks ago. next week i'll be bottling it! Raise the roof! I just recently got out of the Navy and I was stationed in Washington so while i was up there i was introduced to great craft beers and breweries. Since then i've become an all around beer lover so when i got out i looked into it, and went for it to brew my first batch.

Nice. I've only been brewing for a couple of months now and I got into it because my brother in law brews and he brought me a starter kit. I'm already getting into steeping grains and will be doing a partial mash BIAB style.

Good luck on future brews.

Been brewing since 2008. What got me started? Spending 50-60 buxs a week at the liquor store for 2 six packs and a 22oz. Or, spending 125 dollars on a sixtel of beer for my keggerator. My taste in beer started out stripping my wallet. So, I came across this website one night while researching some beer. All grain rig and six beers on tap later, here I am. Funny, the wife stills says I'm pushing the wallet thing....:D

I originally bought a Beer Machine 2000 because brewing looked so hard! The beer pretty much sucked, though, so I didn't really get into it.

But then I starting making wine, and tried a real kit using my winemaking gear. I made a couple of batches. That might have been 2004? 2003?

I didn't really get going on beer, though, until my hockey teammate accidentally broke my leg and I was laid up for 18 months. I was bored, and I had more time, so I started seriously brewing then. That was in early 2006, I think.

Since early 2010. My father in law (who used to brew in the 80s-90s) got me started with a Cooper's canned kit on a whim. The beer wasn't all that good, but we made it. It didn't take long before we made beer that other people liked drinking, too :D

5 years brewing. The basic brewing kit was a 30th birthday present from my friends. 12 months later I had built my own AG cooler setup along with a 4-tap kegerator. Great hobby.

One of my buddies in the Army suggested I give it a try. I was hooked from the get go. That was in 2008 and I brewed extract for a couple years. Now I am all grain and I just got a new freezer for lagering, so that's pretty awesome. My first lager is bubbling away quite nicely as I type.

I went to England for two weeks in 01 and had my first pub bitter, it was like nothing I'd ever had before.When I returned to the states, I imediatly started brewing.

alane1 said:
I went to England for two weeks in 01 and had my first pub bitter, it was like nothing I'd ever had before.When I returned to the states, I imediatly started brewing.

Nice. I'm from England. We are lucky to have such a good variety of ales. I'm in the process of trying my hand at a partial mash and making an American style ale as I went to a very famous beer festival and was hooked on the high percentage American ales.

I was bored last September and was looking for a new hobby.
I already liked beer, and decided that would be a good use of hobby time because it was something I'd definitely enjoy.

In 2008 my parents bought me a homebrew kit for my birthday. Started with extract batches in my apartment, then a year later when I bought a house went to all grain and never looked back. I liked the thought of having a hobby that actually gave me something in return, other than just draining my wallet. Not to mention I think I make better beer than most that the stores have to offer anyway.

In fact, I've got a 10-gallon batch of IPA boiling right now!

I picked up the girlfriend from work and they had Mr Beer kits for sale this last Christmas so I said get me one for Xmas Haha She did and I liked making the two adjuncty beers. I knew I could make better so I bought the equipment and am now making partial mash beers. Will definitely stick with home brewing for a long time!

Back