What to pitch...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmylaw

Reaction score
I brewed a Brewers Best Whiskey Barrel stout on Saturday that is burping away (despite a disastrous boilover- but that is another story).

I want to follow up with another brew that I can pitch onto some of the yeast cake from the Stout. The yeast was Safale-04.

Any extract kit recommendations from NB, Midwest or AHB?

Thanks in advance-

jimbo
'i am the law"

Not an expert but if you don't intend to wash the yeast, then you probably want to throw a style that is dark and has a strong flavor profile ie another stout, porter etc...
NB and midwest a have a ton of options... could also try the caribou slobber from NB has a strong flavor profile and it's awesome.

I've done an esb after a non washed S-04 trub of a porter and it came out great! same kegging and brewing days are coming up soon. planning on pitching a few more right on trub!

haven't noticed any color or taste contamination from darker beer to lighter beer. assuming your adding whiskey/oak to secondary and not primary?

Back