Fumaric Acid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCapn22

Reaction score
So I've made a few batches of Apfelwein and decided to try a different juice, Cran-Apple juice. It has Ascorbic Acid (which is okay) but it also has Fumaric Acid. Will Fumaric Acid hamper fermentation or anything else in this batch?

I made a batch of Apfel Wine and substitued a gallon of Cranberry juice for one of the gallons of Apple juice. I also made another batch the same day using all Apple juice. There was no noticeable difference in the performance of either batch. And they both taste incredible.

I made a batch of Apfel Wine and substitued a gallon of Cranberry juice for one of the gallons of Apple juice. I also made another batch the same day using all Apple juice. There was no noticeable difference in the performance of either batch. And they both taste incredible.

Did your juice have Fumaric Acid in it? Is Fumaric Acid an acid that's naturally in Cranberry juice?

I have no idea what the component breakdown of the Cranberry juice was. Its just a gallon I bought at Walmart along with the Apple juice. But the end result was pretty good.

Back