hello and help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garethmob

Reaction score
well hello to every body this is my first post and first post of many i can assure you all :)

i am from the united kingdom from a little country called wales, and i am 20 years old (21 in a couple of months) so i am old enough yay!!

what i ask is some little help in starting out. sum help picking equiptment or a beginers kit to start brewing beers first off specifically ginger beer but eventuallly when i get my taste round it many other things

could somebody help point me in the right direction please :) i thank you all for your paintence and help :) its going to be a steep learning curve but if you can keep a pico marine fish tank when everybody says its impossiable then i hope this wont be as hard :)

unfortunatly we cant get the mr beer product over here but any others or anything

thanks for reading my random begining and for any help in advance

Gareth

Welcome aboard. I'll try to run down and get as many of your questions as I can

1) Don't be dissapointed you can't get Mr. Beer...you aren't missing much
2) I'm not familiar with the state of UK brewing suppliers (I'm sure one of the guys on your side will chime in), but here is a link to a complete kit to get you brewing Brewing Starter Kit :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies All you need to add is a pot for boiling.
3) As far as learning, don't worry there will always be more to know, but a great place to start is here: How to Brew - By John Palmer - Introduction

thanks parker :)

i glad that theres a lot of help here i think i got sum bedtime readin tonight (quater past 11pm now)

ooo thanks :) i shall get it tonught they look like they got a 5% offer on and free delivery this weekend yay!!!

Best of luck to you! Just read up, and you will be set. There is plenty of good information out there. You have made the right choice by joining this site. Don't forget the search option! :ban:

New myself,
The hardest thing for me to do was fight the sanitation paranoia you will get from all of the "is my beer infected" posts. The solution is STAR SAN. Spray the hell out of everything and have no worries.

No matter how bad you screw up your first batch it will still taste better than Steel Reserve.

How much would you like to spend brewing equipment and your first recipie kit? I think today you could get away with spending as little as $40 on a first time setup, and $20 on a recipie kit.

Welcome, Gareth. You'll get plenty of help on this board, there are more than a few UK brewers as well.

What part of Wales? I lived in Wales for a while about 5 years ago... not far from Oswestry.

Back