finally all coming together

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ-Bill

Reaction score
I've had my Kegging equipment for awhile now but there was always something holding me back. But now it's all coming together.. CO2 tank and adapter should be in this week (been gone since Dec 2nd). remaining parts for my Tap should also be in this week or next. My new Beer fridge is sitting at my buddy's house waiting for me. Beer is ready and waiting. But today was the best, I was going to use my 1 Sankey keg until I got confortable and could find some Cornies. But today I found a great deal on some Cornies!! 30 each! everywhere around here wants $50-$65 plus shipping to get them here. I think a bunch of use are going to get together and get 40-50..

happy times!!
I'm so anxious to get this damm beer in a Keg..

yeah,, he got more in.. Several hundred he said.!! you want some?

Glad to see it's all coming together. I just ordered some Perlicks from MoreBeer, but I'm having them drop shipped to my Dad's Motorhome in Florida. He won't be back till April...

I got 5 kegs a month ago, I think from the same guy... I'm thinking Fire Hydrant ? Right?

dp

Oh baby.. Tank is in (FINALLY only took 1 1/2 months) also the nut for the tank but not the nipple I need to attach the Regulator.

And my LHBS called the rest of the supplies I needed for my tap are in... I know what I'm doing this weekend!!!!

I've had my Kegging equipment for awhile now but there was always something holding me back. But now it's all coming together.. CO2 tank and adapter should be in this week (been gone since Dec 2nd). remaining parts for my Tap should also be in this week or next. My new Beer fridge is sitting at my buddy's house waiting for me. Beer is ready and waiting. But today was the best, I was going to use my 1 Sankey keg until I got confortable and could find some Cornies. But today I found a great deal on some Cornies!! $16 each! everywhere around here wants $50-$65 plus shipping to get them here. I think a bunch of use are going to get together and get 40-50..

happy times!!
I'm so anxious to get this damm beer in a Keg..

Hey Man,

Nice to see a fellow maritime brewer. There are a few of us here in Truro, Nova Scotia brewing. We are all kegging and now working on an All Grain structure. Where did you get the kegs for $16? You can never have too many. I though 6 would be lots... impossible haha.

Let me know if you have any questions on getting setup, I am not expert by any means but I/we may be able to help.

OK I just transfered my Wheat into my Sankey, but I'm unsure exacly how to bleed the air , I pulled the valve on my coupler and I also poured some beer from the tap. Since the keg is only 1/2 full how much( how long) should I bleed? Also is it important to get all the air out of the beer line now(I'm assuming yes).

I have it set at 15PSI and plan on leaving it sit until at least the weekend before I sample, SHould I bump up the PSI. Also My Beer fridge isn't ready yet so I have the keg in the coldest part of the basement.

**Update**

I bleed he tank through the valve again to make sure, Bumped up the PSI to 25 and checked for leaks (soap and water) I'll check the pressure in the AM just to make sure..

Free fridge finally arrived tonight.. No just to clear out all the unwanted crap and figure out where to put my tap. My original plan was to have it on the door but the side would work well too!.. what to do.. Might aswell RDWHAHB while I ponder.

imgp1143yh3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well I didn't waste anytime.. We are offically up and running!! Fridge isn't even plugged in yet!!

Well I made a base to fill in the dip on the bottom of the fridge..
You can see from the photo that I have actually had a few Homebrews by this point. Opps.

Now to wait a couple hours and plug it in.. Still have to work on the line length and pressure to get a good poor. But I'm happy for now.

Thanks, I'm still having a hard time with the foam.. As of right now the beer really isn't properly carb'ed and I haven't figured out what I'm going to do with my Tank, keep it in the with the beer or run a line in. I'll worry about it more when I'm running the Cornies instead of that big-ole Sankey.

Picked up somekegs on the weekend. Hopefully get another tap in a couple weeks. I can't wait to get that Sanke out of the fridge and see how many cornies I can fit. I'm guessing 3 with the 20# tank. then maybe I'll add a shelf..

Holy kegs Batman! You need to invest in a keezer to have a bigger variety on tap; and you could still age in keg plenty long! *envious*

WOW.... all those Cornies are a sweet site. Where did you get them? I love in Truro, NS and would love to get my hands on somemore.

I ran my CO2 in through the side of my fridge this left me more room for cornies and beer inside. That would be my suggestion.

Good luck with the project.

Back