Brewing tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxford brewer

Reaction score
Just started an extract kit (brupaks Fixby Gold,somewhere between 4.0 and 4.3 ABV:rolleyes: hopefully),made a yeast starter about 45 mins ago(2 paks of 6g dried yeast),if this goes like the last brew it will be bubbling tonight:D .
Its a traditional English beer "A beutiful golden ale with fine hop and grain character!!!:cool: .
Well that is what the box said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to some action later;)

Quick question,should i stir the yeast starter and then let it settle for a few minutes?,or just dump it in?(if anyones quick enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

oxford brewer said:
Quick question,should i stir the yeast starter and then let it settle for a few minutes?,or just dump it in?(if anyones quick enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I stir mine up to make it more fluid (ie; break up the thick sediment and get it all back into suspension) then I just pour it all in.

Other people pour off a lot of the liquid and discard it, and pitch ONLY the yeast cake.

-walker

Well what happened was!!!(to steal a line from a great british comedian 'Jethro...from Cornwall he is!!)..temp dropped to about 26c pitched the whole jug of starter and stirred it in well.....had a little airlock activity after about an hour(left the little red cap on the bubbler this time after reading threads on this site)...
As Hazell O'Conner said"what will be will be".............till the morning!!!!!!!!!!

El Pistolero said:
Wasn't that Dinah Shore? :confused:
I was more concerned about the "from a great british comedian Jethro" quote. Jethro's FROM Great Britain i agree - a GREAT British Comedian he isn't! :D

Caplan said:
I was more concerned about the "from a great british comedian Jethro" quote. Jethro's FROM Great Britain i agree - a GREAT British Comedian he isn't! :D

Guess it is down to personal choice(sells out his tours very easily:p ),as another Great british comedian(Chubby Brown) said"your as funny as your last joke":eek:

So Caplan, which comedians do you like?

Back